22.

Don't forget to vote please xx

Warning: slight homophobia kinda, barely mentioned but still there for anyone who has triggers.

Grace rummaged through her sack, pulling out an apple and handing it to Anastasia. "I believe you need healthy food too, I can't just bring you burgers and fries."

"Please, I'm stuck in a disgusting cell, don't bring me boring fruit." Ana chuckled, wiping the apple on her shirt. Grace gave her a condescending look.

"You are so grateful, it's heartwarming." She said sarcastically, making Ana grin widely. She made sure the apple was clean before walking away. "Where are you going?"

"I'm not going to eat it." She said simply, stepping closer to her neighboring cell and extending her arm outside. "Anita, I got something for you." Grace's eyes widened, not knowing what to think. Just like everyone in the kingdom, she had a strong dislike for Anita after what she had done to the Prince, but Anastasia was way too kind to her.

The frail woman emerged from the darkness, her luscious brown hair now turned grey but her green eyes remained vibrant. She was the spitting image of the Prince, even at her age, and it made Grace uncomfortable. "Thank you Anastasia." She said with a trembling voice, taking the apple. She ate the fruit with energy, the simple apple feeling like a full course meal compared to the suspicious oatmeal they served prisoners. Anastasia smiled, content, then walked back closer to Grace. She took in her questioning look and rolled her eyes.

"She's old and hungry." She whispered, giving Grace a look to stop her from watching Anita with judgement in her eyes.

"Isn't she like fifty? She's not that old." Grace whispered back, making Anastasia shake her head with a sigh. She opened her mouth to reply but was interrupted by the presence of a guard.

"Mrs Sheeran, you must exit the dungeons immediately." Grace snapped her head to look at him, frowning.

"D-Did I do something wrong?" She asked in panic but the guard shook his head. Stepping aside and showing her the way out of Anastasia's hallway. Grace gave her one last shaky smile before obliging to the guard's order. Confusion filled her mind, not understanding why she was being kicked out so suddenly but her questions were quickly answered once she walked past Lindsey and another man. She hid herself further behind her hood but Lindsey still shot her a disconcerted look, recognizing her. Fortunately, she didn't stop, clearly having more important affairs to take care of but it made Grace's heart drop.

This was it. They were going to question Anastasia and punish her for something she didn't do. Remorse filled her soul, tears pricking her eyes at the thought that she couldn't do anything to save the poor woman. Biting away her sobs, she quickly ran out of the dungeons.

6 years ago. The Selection.

Prince Harry seemed absolutely miserable. Simone looked up from her notes, watching him with a raised brow from her seat in the Blazy. He was just standing there, at the entrance, staring at them with the most pitiful expression on his face. She nudged Grace's shoulder, the small woman looking up at her before diverting her eyes to the prince.

"W-what's wrong wi-with him?" She whispered, Simone shrugging. She hadn't seen him since he came back from his trip to the beach with Madison, but now she was gone to spend the whole week with her family, and Simone thought this was her chance to be with him. But then he just...vanished? Until today. Something within pushed her to close her notes and leave her seat, under Grace and Kim's dazed looks.

Most of the girls were completely absorbed in their studies, the upcoming exam stressing them out, and didn't even notice him. After all, ten girls were about to leave and none wanted that. She walked over to the Prince, a warm smile pulling at her lips. "Is everything alright, Prince Harry?"