17.1

After a rather awkward lunch, Harry excused himself from the table and left to meet up with Lindsey and continue their work. This time he found her in the kitchen, looking through a few sketches for the wedding cake.

"Oh, that one looks great." He said, picking up one of the designs and admiring the ornament of edible flowers and ribbons.

"I thought so too, we just need Madison to make her choice." Lindsey sipped on her tea before looking up at Harry. "Is she going to wake up soon?"

Harry snorted, frowning lightly as he intently looked through the sketches. "She woke up before me, Lindsey."

"Then where is she? I've been waiting to discuss the cake with her since eight this morning." He locked eyes with her, brows furrowing.

"I think she's working on the dresses?" A strange feeling settled in his stomach and the look on Lindsey's face was not easing his growing worry.

"No...We did not plan for this today." She gave him a look and Harry swallowed hard, forcing a smile.

"Uh...I guess; I'll go look for...her." He turned around before hearing Lindsey's reply. His body felt cold, stress bubbles making him shaky almost. He quickened his pace and reached their bedroom, slamming the door open only to be met with clean emptiness. His heartbeat grew faster, but he tried to calm his mind to stop himself from panicking.

He checked the bathroom, not finding her there before heading for his office. The room was empty, so was their balcony. She clearly was not here, nor in the ballroom or the kitchen or the Blazy, since she missed lunch. Why did she miss lunch? Against his best effort, he couldn't control his growing panic and he felt his breaths getting shorter.

Where could she be? The gardens? With adrenaline pumping in him, he ran out of their room and headed for the massive gates. The gardens were a maze; he knew it was going to take hours before he found her on his own so he hailed a guard. "Jackson, have you seen Miss Pearl pass by?"

The bulky guard bowed in front of him before shaking his head no. "I just started my shift, Your Majesty, Thomas guarded before me."

"Please contact Thomas right now, ask him if he saw her." Harry ordered. The royal guard nodded before calling his partner. Harry took a minute to calm his breaths, he had been running around the palace like a madman and he felt dizzy. She was somewhere in the castle, she wouldn't just leave, but this place was huge and she could be hiding anywhere. It was unusual of her to miss the wedding preparations, or not being with her friends. Harry was worried something had happened to Madison and no one was there to help her.

"Your Highness, Thomas is certain he has not seen Miss Pearl enter the gardens." Harry's heart dropped a little, growing alarmed. "Is there something wrong, my Prince?"

"Uhm...No, Jackson. Thank you." Harry sighed, leaving the concerned guard behind. There was one other place where he knew she could be hiding. He almost ran into a maid as he headed back to the Royal quarters, knowing his father wouldn't be pleased if he knew he'd been sprinting all over the place. Harry halted his jog as he approached the tea room, catching his breath. He didn't hear any piano playing, but she had to be there. Where else would she be?

Inhaling deeply to calm himself, he wiped away the sweat on his forehead and turned the knob. "Madison?"

"Oh God, you scared me!"