20.

Don't forget to vote please xx

The Royal castle felt oddly silent now that most of the ex-selected had left. The wedding preparations were put on hold and the staff didn't know what to do or where to place themselves. It weirdly felt like time was on pause, their lives halting and waiting for something, anything, to happen so their lives could go on. The atmosphere was overall suffocating, especially during dinner, when everyone had to meet at the table. The King and Queen would eat at the head, quietly chatting between them and avoiding eye contact with either Harry or Madison. Even Mady's friends felt uncomfortable, eyes staring at their plates, impatient for this awkward torture to end. They couldn't dare look at the couple, their miserable facade only dampening the mood.

Louis' deep sigh cut through the thick tension like a knife, oblivious to the glances Madison and Harry gave him. By instinct, their eyes met for a second, but that second felt like an eternity. It had been days since their last contact, their last words and this short look felt almost forbidden.

Madison stared down at her plate, taking in a deep breath to calm her heart. She didn't want to admit it, but she missed him. She felt empty, like half of her soul had disappeared and desperately tried to fill the void with obsessive thoughts. If she focused on taking care of her child, she could push away any thought of Harry. But it hurt, even a single flash of his eyes or a memory of his touch felt like a stab to the heart, twisting and turning, making her bleed within. She hated the pain, she felt too much of it in so little time, so she focused on her baby and its wellbeing. It was the one thing keeping her sane.

Harry clenched his jaw. At this point, he might as well have glued his lips together. He hadn't uttered a word in days, he didn't know what to say or do or feel. What to feel beyond astonishing pain? What to feel beyond disgust, remorse? What to feel beyond painful longing for the love of his life to be by his side again, to be able to look at her in the eyes without feeling like he committed a crime? He was tired, drained out of every ounce of energy and he just... He just...

He felt his breaths get shorter, the tormentful tornado of feelings within him was suffocating. He looked up at the ceiling, inhaling deeply and could feel shivers run up and down his spine. He sensed Louis' eyes on him, concern filling his friend's face and he hated that he made everyone sorrowful. He wanted this to end, how long was this supposed to go on for? Months? Years? No, he couldn't bear it. He couldn't handle this for another day, it had to stop.

Simone had remained in the castle, wanting to see the result of her work. The miserable looks and sad sighs were like music to her ears and she smiled, taking a bite of meal. At the end, it was all worth it. It will show them, she thought, no one makes a fool out of me.

6 years ago. The Selection.

"Alright girls, I'll see you this afternoon." The contestants all thanked Lindsey before entering their respective cars, heading for their volunteering associations. Simone sat across from Beatrice, the beautiful brunette smiling back at her, both excited to get to the pet shelter. To their surprise, another person joined their trip and Simone's smile widened as she recognized Prince Harry.

"Care for me to join, ladies?" He grinned, taking a seat next to Simone. The blonde girl blushed, welcoming the sparkles as the Prince's arm brushed against hers.

"How are you my Prince?" Beatrice asked, her big blue eyes gleaming as she looked at him. Prince Harry smirked, eyes flicking to Simone.

"Feeling a lot better now." Simone gave him an amused smile, trying hard to calm her flushing cheeks. "Please, remind me what we are going to do today?"