Epilogue

Danny grinned, holding up the camera as he filmed the second grade portion of the end of the year performance. The children were singing through "Old MacDonald Had a Farm" while acting out the animals mentioned in it. One boy, Billy if he recalled correctly, was dressed up as Old MacDonald in a plaid shirt and overalls with a straw hat sitting a little too big on his head. He went around to each group of animals, pretending to feed them during their part of the song. When it got to the pigs, Billy acted like he was dumping a bucket of food in a trough while Lex and Xander sang their line about how the pigs on the farm went oink oink.

"You're never to tell anyone that I sewed the costumes," Dash whispered, leaning in close to Danny. The boys were dressed pink shirts and shorts with ear headbands and little pink pig snouts. When they turned around, they had little curly tails sticking out of the back of their shorts.

"You don't want to brag?" Danny smirked teasingly. "You did such a great job on them."

"And imagine what would happen if the other parents knew. They might want me to sew costumes for their kids next time," Dash pointed out with a meaningful look. As a doctor, he had a fairly full schedule without other parents constantly inquiring about him sewing things for them.

"Our little secret then?" Danny rather liked that, something only he knew about Dash. Except that Kwan and Paulina probably knew about that skill too. He turned his attention back to the stage, still filming the play even though their sons' parts were done. He gave a little gasp when Xander tripped, accidentally falling right on his face. Some of the other children in the audience snickered, and even from their spot near the back, Danny could see the boy's face starting to turn bright red from embarrassment.

"Then all the animals went to sleep," Lex shouted out suddenly as he play fell onto the ground right beside Xander. The other second graders looked confused by the impromptu addition to their skit. Jeremy and Vincent were, strangely the next to follow, and the little redhead Denise was quick to copy them. Soon all the second graders were lying on the stage and making snoring sounds like they had all fallen asleep.

"And that was the second grade with 'Old MacDonald Had a Farm,'" Kwan said with an awkward chuckle as he hopped onto the stage and stood before the microphone set up to one side. "Weren't they great?" He applauded, which encouraged the audience to clap too. The children climbed to their feet and bowed before filing off to the backstage area. "And next up is the third grade."

"Man, do you remember this?" Lex asked, tilting his head back to lean against the bed and glance at the raven haired boy sitting at the foot of the bed.

Xander paused in the middle of tying his shoes then leaned over on one arm to look at the photo album in Lex's hands. "Oh yeah!" He grinned. "Our second grade play. That was so embarrassing when I fell down. Why are you looking at that?" He blinked, brow furrowing slightly in confusion.

"Dad wanted me to clean up my room." Lex rolled his blue eyes in annoyance. "And I ended up finding this under the bed. I don't know how it got there." Lex shrugged as he flipped the page to look at more of the pictures in it.

"Oh hey! There's one from the wedding," Xander pointed at the picture of them dressed up in little suits. "You were such a cute little ring bearer."

Lex reached up and shoved Xander away with a hand to the face as the other boy laughed. "And you were adorable as the flower boy."

"That was only because Tucker's cousin's daughter got sick and couldn't do it. I only agreed because Jazz begged me." Xander finished tying off his shoes and stood from the bed. "Come on. Denise'll be here soon."

"Yeah, yeah." Lex climbed to his feet and walked over to his desk to set the photo album on it, right next to the worn Phantom plush that he got from Xander for his eighth birthday. Before he could turn away, arms suddenly latched around him, squeezing him in a tight hug.