Snippet

A/N: I know I said I'm gonna write a drama filled chapter (I am) but I was feeling very frustrated recently and I had the idea to write something happy and lighthearted. So here it is, a small fluffy snippet. I hope you like it!

Also, this fic is going to be beta-ed by the wonderful @peachlipgloss (is this how you @ someone here?). So I'm going to be updating previous chapters with the Beta-ed version sometime soon. Nothing is gonna to change; just grammar and punctuation.

....

"Ahhh!"

Frank loosened his fingers around the strands and apologized. "Sorry, sorry!"

Diana just grunted, "Frankie, are you sure you know how to do it?"

Frank hummed and concentrated on twisting the strands around each other just like the pictures on his phone were telling him. He was sticking his tongue out and trying his hardest not to pull on Diana's hair too harshly, but it was hopeless. His fingers twisted and he sighed. At first he had tried to convince himself that French braiding couldn't possibly be any more difficult than learning a musical instrument, now could it? But it was. He had no idea how any human could possibly be able to do this thing with five fingers on each hand.

A few months ago, when Diana decided she would put her hair in two braids all the time, Frank made himself learn how to braid correctly using YouTube, which wasn't that hard actually. He learnt it in no time and did Diana's hair all the time.

Now, however, she wanted to change her hair. She couldn't do it herself, though, with her broken arm. As Frank was about to let out a relieved breath seeing as he was finally done with braiding her hair every morning and after every shower, she told him she was going to put her hair in a French braid from now on.

"Because," Diana answered impatiently with a roll of her eyes when Frank asked why that was exactly. "It looks much more sophisticated, Frankie!" Frank had no idea when she had even learned the word sophisticated or what a French braid even was. He shortly after learnt that it was just a braid.

A braid from hell.

"Frankie, is it done?" Diana asked excitedly when Frank dropped his hands from her hair.

It was pointless. He had no idea what he was doing.

"I'm sorry, D. I can't do it." Frank explained, turning her to face him, "I really tried."

Frank felt his heart break when he saw the disappointment on Diana's face as she just nodded. He poked at her cheek until she smiled and then he poked her sides until she started giggling.

"Frankie!" Diana whined, squirming away.

Frank raised his arms in surrender. He usually teased her more, but he feared she might hurt her arm so he stopped. "I'm really sorry, D." He apologized again.

Diana smiled as she hugged Frank's neck. "It's okay, Frankie," she said, kissing his cheek.

Frank grinned when Diana sat back on the bed, touching the cast on her arm that she's drawn on with her water colors. She made Frank and Gerard sign it and Gerard promised he'd draw superhero Diana again for her on her cast when he was done working on some deadline in his studio.

Frank watched Diana tracing a butterfly she'd drawn on the cast when he got an idea. He stood up and went to his room, then was back before Diana could say anything.

Diana's grin was the widest he's seen it when he came back with his guitar and sat beside her. Back when they had more time together, Frank used to play his little sister whatever song he had learnt recently. When they lived with their aunt, the woman laid down a rule that he couldn't play while she was hungover or drinking, which was all the fucking time basically. Frank still played whenever he could, especially when Diana was upset about something.

Diana sat patiently as Frank wired the guitar and made sure it was tuned correctly. He started playing as Diana sat back and watched.

...

"Frankie, play '39!"

Gerard could hear Diana's shouts from the stairs. He had heard the guitar playing earlier, but thought Frank had just been listening to music at a high volume. As he came up, he realized it was Frank who was playing the Green Day songs he could hear from downstairs as he made his coffee. He slowed down and tiptoed until he reached the barely opened door of Diana's room.

Frank was on the bed, strumming on an electric guitar situated in his lap. He started playing Queen's "'39" as per Diana's request and Gerard couldn't help but stand there and listen.

Frank was talented. Gerard knew he played guitar, but he didn't know he was that good. The notes to the song kept coming as Diana sang the words, sometimes messing them up completely. Gerard was chuckling before he knew it. He leant with his back against the wall by Diana's room door and slid until he was on the floor, crossing his legs to sit more comfortably. He closed his eyes and listened.

Gerard smiled and thought about how he could ever stand the silence in that house before.

...