Chapter 17

A/N: sorry for how late this chapter took to come out. I hope this chapter makes up for it. I love it so much and I had so much fun writing it. Hope you enjoy ;)
...

The place they were sitting was defiantly the last place Gerard thought his night would end in.

When the day had started, he was terrified he had lost Frank. He was anxious and worried and couldn't do anything but set and wait. It was torture. For the most part, he had been trying to come up with whatever speech he would have to give Frank to make him realize how much he didn't want to lose him. How much it hurt him to constantly hurt Frank.  He was ready to do whatever. A lot of bad things in his life has happened to him he had little or no control over, losing Frank wasn't. If he was to lose him, he'd fight nail and tooth to keep him first.

Now, sitting here, hearing the waves underneath the dock crashing and occasionally splashing the whole place with water, sitting with Frank in the cool breeze and just looking at the dark water in front of them, felt too good to be true. He was relaxed and happy. He didn't think he's ever felt this happy in possibly years.

"What were you like in high school?"

Frank's question caught him off guard and Gerard looked at him with a small smile. They were sitting on a table in the middle of the dock and had sat in silence for a while, just looking around at the water and the few people who'd pass by them occasionally. Gerard had wanted to take Frank to dinner, but somewhere along the way, Frank's convinced him somehow to come here instead, saying he used to come here a lot as a kid and wanted Gerard to see it.

Frank's hair was moving in the breeze now and he was smiling too, his eyes honestly curious. Gerard looked at his hands.

"I was a total loser," he finally settled on that and tried to laugh.

Frank was rolling his eyes when Gerard looked up at him, "I have a hard time believing that."

Gerard smiled sheepishly, "I was. I would usually hang out in the art room alone or with the D&D kids when Ray and Christa got too much into each other," he chuckled. It wasn't like he hated them, he just hated being the third wheel.

Frank's eyebrows shot upwards and Gerard could see him trying not to laugh, "you were a nerd?"

Gerard grinned, "I was the king of nerds. I was a dungeon master."

Frank laughed out loud now, his eyes squinting and his head thrown backwards. Gerard couldn't bring himself to feel upset that Frank was laughing at him. He had been a loser back then, sometimes he thought how he was still kind of was. The money and social status may have made people not see that, but that kid who sat in the back of class, wearing all black and drawing all the time in his sketchbook was defiantly still there, mostly coming out in social situations he was uncomfortable in.

Besides, Frank looked so damn cute when he laughed that Gerard's heart fluttered in his chest.

"I'd show you pictures if you want." He said just so he could hear Frank laugh again.

"How were you like in high school?" He retorted.

That seemed to catch Frank off guard, "me? Uh, I was a a piece of shit, mostly." He said and scratched his head, avoiding Gerard's eyes.

Gerard smirked at how the table flipped and asked, teasingly, "how is that?"

"I was stoned half the time. Hanging around the punk kids till Jamia took pity on me and became my best friend. I had this faux hawk and some piercings and I would do the stupidest shit," Frank reminisced, looking away from Gerard to the black water in the distance. Gerard could see a small smile on his lips, but his eyes were unseeing.