Chapter 18

A/N: hey, guys. As usual, sorry for how late this is. I don't have an excuse really except that I really struggled writing this particular part. I know I'm not a really good writer, but I almost gave up on this one because it's a really vital part and I wanted it to come out as good as I can get it. I tried my best, sorry that I couldn't do better. I hope you like it anyway.

(A quick request: I'm making a personal playlist for this story, can you recommend any songs this fic reminds you of? I don't usually listen to a lot of romantic songs so I can't find any that suit this story and I would really appreciate any suggestions.)

...

One look at his office and Gerard was grinning like an idiot.

The room was still the same, but the bright red roses on his desk caught his eye and he grinned to them like he's just seen them for the first time. He came closer and picked one, smelling it.

The roses have been there on his desk when he got there in the morning and he was confused at first before he read the card attached to the bouquet. A simple good morning with a small smily face were written on it and Frank's signature underneath.

Gerard smiled, rereading the card. Frank had left already for Alicia's store before Gerard had the chance to see him, but the roses had been a pleasant surprise when he walked in that morning; one of many little things Frank started doing around the house lately. Gerard loved the small gestures. He loved how Frank would sometimes prepare dinner for the two of them, particularly when Gerard would be too exhausted to eat after working for hours. He loved the small notes Frank started leaving for him around the house, typically ranging from reminders of important things Gerard might easily forget about, to random greetings and compliments.

Gerard would always doodle something on the notes and bring them back to Frank's desk when he wasn't not there, occasionally with a cup of coffee he'd make for him. He'd doodle whatever that would come to his mind at the moment, mostly of Frank behind his desk concentrating on something, or drinking coffee, or just smiling his adorable smile. He once tried to doodle how he imagined Frank would have looked with his dyed faux hawk that he's told Gerard he had in high school. It had earned him a kiss and an adorable giggle when Frank's seen it. Since then, he had started putting effort in the small doodles in a attempt to hear Frank's giggles and see him fold the notes carefully and hide them in his desk.

The previous few days have been, without a doubt, the happiest Gerard had found himself feeling in years. He never imagined himself in love again, his heart beating stupidly fast whenever he saw the person he loved smile. He still hadn't said anything to Frank, he was waiting for the right moment, but for the time being, he felt content and good about everything going on that he didn't want to mess with it.

Currently, he was in the middle of doodling Frank killing a zombie with his guitar, blood splashing all around them as the zombie tried to reach for Frank's head, on the card that came with the roses. A knock on the door interrupted him and he called to whoever was there to come in, wondering if Frank was home already.

A smile appeared on Gerard's face when he saw it was Diana. She must've been just back from school, her backpack in her hand.

"Hey, sweetheart." Gerard called and stood up from his desk to help her in, taking the bag from her and placing it down.

"Hey, Gee." Diana greeted back, her voice lacking enthusiasm, making Gerard frown. He kneeled to her level and saw her bothered expression.