Chapter 12

A/N: sorry this chapter is late. I got half way through then deleted the whole thing because it was crap basically.

Song is Drive by Halsey as suggested by SomeoneElsesSleep I love how suitable this song is for this story..
...

The house was so eerie silent that evening when Gerard finally made his way home. He knew Diana must've been sleeping but since he and Frank became friends, Gerard would always find him somewhere; watching tv, eating a snack in the kitchen or even just walking randomly around. They'd talk or watch whatever Frank was watching or Frank would sometimes convince Gerard to even ingest something other than coffee.

Gerard didn't know if he should question the silence, or if he would take questioning it anyway. Frank had finished working long ago and left without a single word to him. It's been like that for a while now. Frank would only speak to him whenever it was work related and only then, their relationship almost going back to their initial one when Frank first moved in. So that evening when Gerard finally made it home, physically exhausted and emotionally drained, his heart almost fell from his chest when he heard Frank's scream.

"SOMEONE GET OVER HERE!"

Before he knew it, Gerard was running to his office where Frank's voice was clearly coming from.

"Frank?" He called in panic, trying to determine where the former's voice was coming from. As a response to his calling, the door to his office opened and Frank was through it. He seemed startled to see Gerard, he guessed Frank wasn't expecting the latter to be in the house.

Gerard's eyes skimmed over Frank in panic, trying to make sure he was alright, and when he didn't find any missing limbs, his eyes came back to Frank's face whose expression changed from startled to upset.  

"There's a spider in there and you need to get it out! NOW!" Frank all but shouted angrily.

Gerard stared for a second and he blinked before he said, "what?" His question held barely hidden laughter.

Frank gritted his teeth so his next words came out through them, explaining, "I was in your office trying to put some mail in there and there was a spider."

Gerard stared for a second and he couldn't help the fit of giggles that over took him. Frank turned completely red as Gerard's giggles turned to full on laughter.

"This is very serious." Frank said sharply but Gerard could see the corners of his eyes wrinkling.

"I'm sure," Gerard said, stopping his laughter, only leaving a grin on his face, "you live alone with a kid for two years and you can't kill a spider?" Gerard couldn't help teasing, the way Frank was blushing while still angry was so adorable.

"I have arachnophobia and if you're going to be like this I'll—"

"Call Diana to kill it?"

Frank narrowed his eyes and pursed his lips.

Gerard smiled, "I'll do it," saying that, he made a move to the door and was about to open it, but Frank's hand was on his shoulder and he froze.

"Wait," Frank said and Gerard turned to look at him as he his hair behind his ear, "don't kill it, okay? Just use this and release it somewhere," his voice was low and he was avoiding Gerard's eyes.