Chapter 10

A/N: song is Halsey-Sorry. Doesn't really apply much, but some of the lyrics are dead on especially for the last scene and I like the melancholy of the melody and the sorrow in her voice. I listened to it on repeat while writing this.

This chapter is probably the longest I've written so far. It's not beta-ed. Im going to update the beta-ed version once it's available. I just didn't want to make you guys to wait longer.

That being said, I really enjoyed writing this one that I think I got a bit carried away, huh. It might also appear a bit jumbled like it's been just pieced together, sorry about that.

(Sorry for the long A/N)
...

"I'm officially going to kill this person."

Gerard was working on his desk, deciding if he was going to accept an offer from a possible buyer when he heard that and saw Frank had already made his way to his desk practically shaking, it took Gerard a second to realize with nerves. He was holding some magazine in his hand and waving it around that Gerard couldn't even see what was on it. He figured it had to do with all the coffee Frank's had since morning. He drank enough to keep an elephant awake for two days, but he wasn't about to comment on it, not with Frank looking like he was about to shoot someone.

"What?" Gerard asked, genuinely confused. He couldn't see anything on the magazine Frank was waving around.

"This thing, whoever wrote it I'm going to kill them." Frank repeated through gritted teeth.

"Okay, I can't say that I don't fully support that decision, but may I at least ask what they did?" Gerard asked calmly.

"LOOK!" Frank all but shouted, shoving the magazine in his face.

Gerard gave him a look before actually pulling the magazine out of his shaking hands and looking at it properly. He had to double blink and take a deep breath. It was about a week old magazine plastered with pictures of Gerard rushing through what was obviously an ER door, holding Diana in his arms. It was so blurry that you couldn't see Diana's face which was buried in Gerard's chest, but it was obviously Gerard. Above the pictures was a huge title: The City's Elites Favorite Artist: Gerard Way, A Secret Child? Or An Alcohol Induced Accident?

"Frank, I'm so sorry. I didn't know... I'll call them right now. Diana is a child, they shouldn't—" Gerard could feel himself panicking, but he was silenced by Frank.

"What?" Frank asked sharply.

"I know. I know. Trust me I'll fix it." Gerard said again, avoiding Frank's eyes; even fully aware Frank knew he hadn't had a hand in this, he still felt the guilt rising in his throat.

"This is not about Diana!" Frank said with the same sharp tone, "don't get me wrong, if her face or name was showing in this thing I would've killed this person already."

"Oh." Gerard said calmly, still avoiding Frank's eyes,

"Oh?" Frank repeated pointing with his fingers to the title, "you're seeing what I'm seeing, right?"

Gerard didn't dare look up. He felt ashamed that something like that can be said about him after everything. The photos looked up at him mockingly.