Chapter 7

hi so first of all i want to thank everyone who has been reading my fic, it really means a lot to me as it's my first one & i hope you're all enjoying it! ok so also i would like to apologise in advance because i used to have like 3 chapters lined up at a time so it was easy but now i'm really focusing on my studies (i'm in my last year of high school) so updates are going to be fairly irregular. please bear with me as i do try my best to stay on top of it. by the way the story may lose its 'main focus' along the way because sometimes i just change my mind and i just let it flow as i go. so anyway here's the next part, hope you like it xx

Chapter 7

Harry's POV

I looked at Draco as he attempted to understand the magic behind the cloak. I told him we would both fit underneath it with no trouble, and we began to head back out into the common room. It was well after hours by now, and those younger students had quite probably gone to bed. I cast a Tempus charm: it was almost midnight. We placed the cloak over our heads and walked back out of my room. Luckily, we were the only students left in the common room, so we strolled through and back out the portrait of the Fat Lady.

I had to remind Malfoy multiple times to whisper and to stop stepping on my feet. I was surprised at just how clumsy he was. Nevertheless we made it to the Potions classroom without getting caught. I poked my arm out from underneath the cloak and whispered 'Alohamora', allowing the key on the inside to turn and the door to open. We slid inside the room and removed the cloak.

"Where would Professor Slughorn keep a private collection?" I asked Draco.

"Dunno, probably near his desk. Just look around."

I started rummaging in the various drawers around our Potions master's desk, unlocking them as I went. Eventually I found a small ornate chest. There was a complicated lock on it, so I called Draco over to help me open it. He happened to know a more advanced unlocking spell, and after a couple of tries, it slowly opened.

Inside was a collection of small vials. They were all quite rare potions, such as Felix Felicis, Amortentia, Draught of Living Death, and of course, Veritaserum. I picked up the clear vial that we needed and locked the box, replacing it in its original place. We locked everything back up and headed back out under the cloak.

We didn't have far to go, as we were heading back to the Dungeons this time. Once inside, we set down our things and fell onto the sofa. Now we only needed one more thing. I told Malfoy to go to sleep, and that I would get the Morning dew and give it to him the next day at breakfast. I bid him goodnight with a quick hug and left. And that night, I slept wonderfully peacefully. I had fallen asleep thinking of Draco, a smile on my face.

******

The next morning I handed him the dew over the table. He thanked me and then returned to his toast and marmalade.

"This was a gift for you, so I won't be making it with you," I told him, a mouth full of eggs.

"I know, you've told me. Thank you nonetheless for gathering the ingredients with me and for all of your help, it was kind of you," he mumbled the last part.

"No problem Draco, it was sort of fun, wasn't it?"

"I suppose it was," he was clearly trying to hide it, but I could see the sparkle in his eye, and a hint of a smile forming on his pink lips.

Once he had finished his breakfast, he headed out of the Hall, dew in hand. I watched him go and for the first time I noticed just how elegant his strides were. I didn't even think it was possible for someone to walk with such grace, but I was awestruck. I finished my own food in my own time and then peacefully strolled out of the Great Hall and back to my common room. I decided to write to Ron and Hermione, it was going to be New Year's Eve soon. This would be my second letter to them; we hadn't exchanged much post this holiday, being too preoccupied with our own lives.