Chapter 11

y'all i am so sorry for not updating for like 2 weeks, it turns out i haven't had time 2 write during the holidays due to family and travel and whatnot. anyway i hope u enjoy this and i am getting back on top of it!!! xx

Chapter 11

External POV

Valentine's Day

Harry and Draco woke up at exactly the same time. Harry awoke feeling lightweight, whereas Draco was grumpy for the better part of the morning. He had skipped breakfast and had avoided every other person until noon.

All night, he had been tossing and turning, and had woken up three times, about two hours apart each time. The last time he had woken up, he was covered in cold sweats, and had also woken up his roommate, Theo, causing him to also get frustrated.

Draco had barely listened in his classes all morning, half-heartedly noting down a few elements. Harry had been basically skipping from classroom to classroom; he was positively glowing. The two hadn't seen each other all day until lunchtime. Harry had excused himself from the table to eat his meal with Draco. It was the first time that that would've happened since Christmas. They hadn't wanted to draw any attention to themselves. Ron and Hermione had obliged, now understanding the situation, and it would be a rare occasion where they would get to eat alone together.

"Harry, what are you doing? People can see you," Draco had turned bright red and his panicked eyes were wide, darting quickly around the room.

"Let them look, I want to eat my lunch with you," Harry smiled breezily and took a seat directly opposite the blond Slytherin, "you do know it's Valentine's Day, don't you?"

"Of course I know, all the more reason not to draw this much attention to us."

"Well, I don't care. Half the school is already gossiping about us anyway, so let's give them some new material," Harry rolled his eyes, but then winked.

Draco eventually gave in, deciding there was nothing he would be able to do to stop it happening. He welcomed Harry's company and started to cheer up almost immediately. When asked how his morning had been, he told Harry that it had very possibly been the worst of the year so far. Yet they continued to chat happily, laughing as though they were the only students in the Great Hall. Hermione finally walked over to them, reminding Harry that they were going to be late for Transfiguration. He sighed loudly and left Draco at the table, although not without giving him a soft kiss on the cheek. It was Valentine's Day, after all.

******

At the end of the day, Harry was looking for Draco. He ended up finding him in the first place he had looked: the library. Malfoy was sitting at his usual table, his slender body bent over a large old book. The Gryffindor had thought it would be funny to creep up behind him, and made him jump by throwing his arms around his waist tightly. Malfoy had cried out, but when he realised it was only Harry, he giggled and gave him a peck on the lips. There was nobody else in the library, so he was unbothered by this mild display of affection.

Harry asked what he was reading so vehemently, and Draco suddenly went quiet. He stammered for a moment, not wishing to reveal the title nor the content of the book. It was once again a fruitless search to remove the hideous Mark on his forearm, but he didn't want Harry to know that he still had it.

Draco had never directly mentioned nor shown it to Harry; he had just assumed that he knew. Harry didn't force the answer; he never wanted to upset Draco, so he let it go, and they remained talking in the library.

After about an hour of discussion, Draco asked, "Would you like to meet me in the Room of Requirement tonight?"

Potter was taken aback by this unexpected question, but he agreed. The Slytherin smiled widely, his cheeks turning slightly rosy. He knew what his intentions were, and was beginning to panic about Potter's reaction. None of his friends knew about him and Harry, so he couldn't go to anyone for advice. He excused himself from the library, saying he needed to go back to his common room, and on the way, racked his brain for a solution.