Chapter 13

Chapter 13

Ginny's POV

I couldn't believe that Harry had been hiding something so important from me. The only plausible explanation I could think of was that he was trying to spare my feelings, but even so, he knew that we were friends, and that something so petty couldn't upset me. Of course I was glad that Harry had found someone else to make him happy, all I had ever wanted was for him was just that: to be happy.

I continued on my journey down the corridor and when I finally reached the familiar oak door, I made the secret knock, and within ten seconds, it swung open. I was greeted by a friendly smile and gleaming blue eyes ushering me inside. When I had crossed the threshold, I stopped short. I wasn't expecting to see Hermione sitting on the green sofa by the fire. She smiled knowingly at me, and I had to ask her what she was doing here.

She was slightly vexed by my question, but backed down after realising that it wasn't my first time here, whereas it was hers. She explained that Luna had thought it necessary that she attend these small meetings, as we would be requiring her help in the next steps of our plan.

For the time being, it had only been Luna and I who had been joining in this hidden room to put together our plans, but I did see her point about needing Hermione's advanced magical skills and extensive knowledge of spells in the near future. So I took a seat on the armchair opposite the blonde Ravenclaw and asked if my fellow Gryffindor had been filled in on recent events.

We discussed all of our ideas and potential setbacks for just under an hour, and when that was all wrapped up, we quickly fell into gossip. We talked about Hermione and Ron, but she had always been reluctant to divulge many details, often turning red whenever a somewhat personal question came up. We moved on to Luna, and whenever her pale face reddened, it was a massive contrast against her fair hair and blue eyes. She had told us that there was an Eighth Year boy who had caught her eye and tonight she had revealed that he was a Slytherin. Hermione and I gasped dramatically. We then pestered her for more information, needing to know who this mysterious boy was.

"Just as long as it's not Malfoy, he's about as straight as a circle," I smirked.

"No, no, although they are rather close," Luna's delicate voice got even higher as her cheeks flushed and she smiled sheepishly.

Hermione's mouth opened slightly and her eyes lit up as though she had just worked out the answer to a particularly difficult problem. "It's Nott! Theodore Nott, I'm sure of it!" she exclaimed gleefully.

Luna's smile deepened, unable to hide her emotions, and she sank further into the sofa, obviously trying to hide herself. She barely nodded, but it was there.

"Alright, alright! But that's enough talk about me, isn't there anyone you've got your eye on, Gin?" she poked my side playfully.

I shook my head forcefully, "No, there isn't a single boy I'm interested in."

And it was true; there wasn't a single boy who caught my eye. A certain girl however, had recently peaked my interest. I had always known I was attracted to both, and I had never really been bothered about it, but I didn't know how some people would take it, especially my family. So I kept it for myself, and took to silent admiration from afar.

Harry's POV

Sunday morning

I woke up easily, but after only a moment I was hit with a pang of guilt. I reminded myself of Friday night's conversation with Draco and immediately felt a knot tighten in my chest. I had cried for two hours yesterday, and luckily no one had found out except for Ron, who had a tendency to walk into the dorm room without knocking. I trusted him with this, so I told him everything that had happened. He reassured me that it was nobody's fault, and that nothing had changed between us from what he could see, but I wasn't convinced. I had seen Draco's face at hearing my words, and I wished I could go back and kiss that pained expression off of his beautiful face.