Chapter 14

Chapter 14

It had been so long since I had entered the Room of Requirement. Our signature forest green sofa was facing a burning fire, next to it a dark armchair. I sat myself down on the green cushions and sank into the familiar softness. Harry joined me and I immediately let my head fall onto his broad shoulders, making him smile widely and place his strong arms around my body. I loved the feeling of having him hold me like that, it made me feel safe, like nothing bad could ever happen to me.

We stayed in that position for about twenty minutes, Harry occasionally stealing a kiss. But he fell asleep very quickly. It was still early, so I realised that he really needed it. I was reminded of our conversation on Christmas Eve when he told me he had been unable to sleep properly since the war. I kissed his forehead and began to untangle myself, making him shift and grunt slightly but he remained unconscious.

As I looked at the position of his head, I realised it couldn't be good for him, and wished that this Room had given us a bed that I could put him in.

Almost as soon as I had had the thought, a queen size bed appeared in the centre of the room. It was a lovely off-white colour and the duvet had a spiral pattern. I pulled back the sheets on the left side of the bed and was overcome with silky soft comfort. I wanted to slip inside and never get out.

I walked back over to the sofa and attempted to pick Harry up. I realised I didn't have as much strength as I used to. The lack of Quidditch had affected my athleticism, and the fact that I hadn't been eating or sleeping properly for a while...

After attempting to throw his heavy arms around my shoulders, I realised I could just use magic. I cast a quiet Levicorpus spell and guided the sleeping Gryffindor over to the bed, gently placing him on top of the open sheets.

Once I had tucked him sufficiently into the covers, I laid myself down next to him, but on top of the duvet. I couldn't just leave him here, but I didn't want him waking up with the wrong idea. So I put my arms behind my head and lay there, thinking about things Harry and I could do together in the near future.

******

Hermione's POV

I was in the middle of helping Ron finish his Transfiguration assignment when Harry walked in the door.

"Where have you been?" Ron asked pointedly.

"Oh, nowhere special," he replied breezily.

I couldn't help smiling to myself. I had seen him sneak out of the common room a few hours ago and I had guessed that he was off to see Malfoy. I was happy that they were back on good terms. To be honest, I was quite tired of seeing Harry moping all over the place but mostly hearing him whine everyday.

I left Ron and Harry together at the table and waltzed up the stairs to the girls' dorms. I had to let Ginny know. I knew it was wrong to gossip about other people's business, but this was such an unexpected topic, and to be honest all us girls were very much rooting for them.

I knocked on her door, and received silence. I lightly pushed the door open to see if anyone was even in there. As soon as the room was in view, I noticed Ginny curled up on her bed. She was hugging her pillow and I could hear tiny sobs coming from her. There was nobody else in the room, so I rushed to her side to see what was wrong. I placed a gentle hand on her shoulder and asked her if she wanted to talk about it.

We ended up talking for over an hour about what had upset her. As it turned out, she had started going out with Dean again about a month ago, which I had suspected but it was now confirmed.