Chapter 9

sup guys really sorry this one's kinda late i've had terrible writer's block. also over the next 3 weeks or so i have finals so it won't be very regular but i do have at least one backed up & ready 2 go. then at christmas i'm gonna try and write heaps. love you & thx for all the support x

Chapter 9

Harry and I were sat on the floor of the Room of Requirement. I was leaning against a dark armchair behind me, my head resting on the cushion protruding from it. Sitting in between my legs, spread out across the floor, was a lanky boy with soft messy dark hair and an unusually warm body. I was thinking about something distant, my thoughts completely out of focus with reality, all the while running my fingertips through the soft head of hair in front of me. I was pulled from my daze when his raspy voice spoke up.

"Draco?"

"Mmh?"

"Do you think I could tell a few people about... this...?" he asked hesitantly.

"I suppose it depends who," I stopped caressing his hair and lay my hand on his shoulder.

"I would only tell Ron and Hermione, at least to begin with. I don't exactly want to scream it from the rooftops, but I would like my best friends to know," he was trying to speak in a persuasive tone.

"I don't see why not," I smiled at him and he turned around to give me a peck on the lips.

We remained there for another hour or so, sitting in front of the fire. It was partly because Harry had fallen asleep in my lap and I didn't want to wake him. I didn't have anywhere to be in any case, so I let him. It was fairly soothing actually, to feel his warm body pressed up against mine, his rhythmic breathing making my chest move with his. For the first time in a long time, I felt entirely at peace. Eventually, I too dozed off.

I only woke up an hour and a half later, and I appeared to have a blanket on me. Harry was sitting cross-legged in front of the dimming fire, and turned his head when he heard me clear my throat. He smiled at me and explained that when he had woken up I was fast asleep; so he had just placed the cover on me and let me nap.

By now it was dinnertime so the two of us headed down to the Great Hall and took our seats opposite each other on the end of the wooden bench. I served myself an adequate helping of meat and vegetables, then drowning my dinner in a pool of gravy. Harry looked at the quantity of gravy on my food with disgust, making me chuckle. We ate and talked cheerily enough until there was nobody else left in the room. We eventually got up and wandered over to my common room. We stopped in front of the portrait entrance, and Harry put his arms around my neck, giving me a kiss goodnight. Tomorrow the students would be returning to Hogwarts, and we would have to be much more careful about how we behaved around each other. I didn't want anyone to know, besides his friends maybe, I knew he would only tell people he truly trusted.

******

Ron's POV

The Hogwarts Express was pulling into Hogsmeade Station, and I had to admit I was excited to see Harry again after the holidays. It felt as though it had been months since I had spent time with him. We had barely sent each other any post, being too involved in our own activities. I really missed him.

Hermione was resting her head on my left shoulder; she had been asleep for the last hour. She was completely knackered from the visit to her parents. There had been quite a lot of outings and what felt like endless family dinners. I felt like I had definitely met every single member of her family. Everyone was nice enough, but after a while it had become exhausting.

It had been easier than I had expected to get along with my girlfriend's parents and friends and eventually I wasn't nervous at all. We had spent some amazing time together, that I would not soon forget. I was so glad that she had appreciated my present to her; she had been wearing it everyday since Christmas. I also really loved the socks she had gotten for me, it was exactly the sort of thing I enjoyed; in fact I was wearing the red ones right now.