06. i'll text you at night okayy?

wonho spend the rest of his evening at the work station. he was busy replying to an email about a surprise for his boyfriend. wonho needed to "collect" the surprise by the end of this week. kihyun was worried for his boyfriend, every time wonho worked really hard, he would get sick the next day. however, whenever kihyun enters wonho's work station, wonho would quickly turn on some music in the background and tell kihyun that he was doing his work. he couldnt afford to let his boyfriend know his little surprise because it was roughly 2 weeks away from their 5 years anniversary. 

on wednesday morning, wonho broke the news that he had to visit his family back at his hometown the very next day

on wednesday morning, wonho broke the news that he had to visit his family back at his hometown the very next day. when asked what was it for, wonho kept quiet and continued eating his breakfast. kihyun started doubting wonho on his honesty as he would never hide anything from kihyun even when he had some work to be done, he will tell kihyun about it just so that his boyfriend wont get too worried. 

"hey im not going to do anything bad okay", wonho assured his small boyfriend with a hug from the back, "im just going to visit my family"

"just promise me, you wont go for long right?" kihyun frowned he didnt like the idea of being away from his boyfriend for too long. actually not even a full day apart. 

"i'll leave home around 12pm tomorrow and i'll be back home before noon on friday, my darling i will miss you too" wonho gave kihyun a peck on the forehead before going to the living room to watch the tv. as usual. 

[thursday, after lunch]

"bye my love, i will be back before noon tomorrow, take good care of yourself and call me when there's anything okay?" wonho hugged his boyfriend before giving him a goodbye kiss. 

"i will, please also call me when you reach your home and please please drive carefully", kihyun hugged his boyfriend tighter, "and please do not speed shin ho seok, i love you"

wonho chuckled, "im only going to be gone for 24 hours and you're talking as if im going to be gone for 24 days"

[2 hours later] 

kihyunnie cutie: bean where are you now? have you reached?

wonho: yupp omg im sorry i was so busy that i forgot to call you, my love

kihyunnie cutie: have you taken your lunch?

wonho: yes darling, erm... i have to go now

wonho: i'll text you at night okayy?

kihyunnie cutie: alright then take care sweetie

wonho picked up the last box and put it neatly in the backseat of his rover. "thank you ma'am, we will come back here again to visit you", wonho bowed as a sign of respect and walked out smiling. he placed the gift at the backseat as it was safer that way. he then made his way to the nearest hotel to spend the night before returning home to surprise his boyfriend

[after dinner]

wonho: have you had your dinner my love?

kihyunnie cutie: yes, i made myself some kimchi seafood soup

kihyunnie cutie: what are you doing?

wonho: ouh im preparing to go to sleep

kihyunnie cutie: thats so unlike you its too early for you to even think of sleeping

wonho: well i guess its because i miss you too much

kihyunnie cutie: i !! miss !! you !! too !!

wonho: alrite then goodnite my love

wonho: dont sleep too late

kihyunnie cutie: goodnite darling, i guess im going to sleep too

[3am] 

wonho dropped the last two boxes on the floor of the empty room. i hope he's still sleeping, wonho mumbled to himself. as he quickly made his way back to the car because he had to leave the present and bring up the boxes. as he got nearer to the car, he saw the present still sitting nicely at the backseat, cute, he mumbled.