Terrans: Magi

Magi are large tauras created by the Terrans to harness mana and utilize metaphysical abilities.

Breeds and Powers

First Generation: The first generation was a testing ground for the Magi biotech and mainly concentrated on psionics.

Lion: telepathy

Wolf: emotion reading and broadcasting

Red Fox: telekinesis

Arctic Fox: thermal manipulation (raise temperature)

Fennec Fox: thermal manipulation (lower temperature)

Cougar: spacial awareness

Leopard: astral projection

Second Generation: With basic psionics mastered, the second generation both reworks more advance clairvoyance while also diving into advance external manipulation.

Rabbit/Hare: gravitational reduction

Cheetah: spacial awareness

Painted Dog: astral projection

Coyote: illusion casting

Tiger: light manipulator

Domestic Cat: telekinesis

Ocelot: astral projection

Serval: sonic control

Caracal: sonic control

Third Generation: The third generation of Magi both built on past developments while diving into some of the rarer and more difficult reaches of metaphysics.

Margay: gravitational reduction

Bat Eared Fox: sonic control

Clouded Leopard: teleporting

Snow Leopard: molecular repulsion

Sand Cat: thermal manipulation

Jackal: magnetic field creation

Jaguar: electron discharge

Leopard Cat: illusion casting

Lynx: spacial awareness

Fourth Generation: The fourth generation of Magi concentrated less on the development of psychic abilities, but on the copulation of magic with normal biology to allow them to survive in inhospitable environments such as space. This generation dose away with the usage of binary genders in the favor of having them be hermaphrodite.

Bagger: thermal manipulation (space)

Raccoon: thermal manipulation (space)

Otter: telekinesis (aquatic)

Red Panda: gravitational reduction (cliff face)

Wolverine: electron discharge (hostile fauna)

Hyena: molecular repulsion (hostile fauna)

Modern Culture

Magi make up a smaller portion of the population than other Terrans. In populated areas with higher diversity Magi make up a tenth of the population. Outside of major cities, Magi establish communities exclusive to there bread.

These clans may be on newly discovered planets or in hostile environments on previously colonized planets. Each clan has their own set of rules and traditions. Some clans defer to a planetary governing body, while other clans maintain independent government all the way to the ITA senate.

There are several jobs that work and deal with magic, as creatures of magic, Magi are uniquely suited for these jobs. Magi make up the bulk of the Psions, Warlocks, etc, but are not the exclusive species to bare these titles. With few exceptions, Magis fill the ranks of the Mage order. Because of their innate ability to use magic, Magi are barred from the Mana Heralds, a technomancer organization.

Religion

Magi are know to participate in a large number of faiths, from the core Terran religions to many different alien faith systems. Many are members of smaller clan religions and some transcend religion to worship life and magic in their rawest forms. While some Magi are Agnostic, there are no Atheist Magi.