Cinderella

Ella didn't sleep that night as she turned and twisted around in her bed, waiting for the sleep to get her but, alas she failed. Her thoughts wandered to the days when her mother was alive. They were so beautiful, happy and full of life days. Her father was the happiest she had seen him. The smile never left his face and his business's venture and earnings were good too. But, after her mother's untimely death, Ella found her father more engrossed in his business and on more trips across the country; for longer period of time. His days were longer and sleep had become almost non-existent for him.

But, after he had met Lady Tremaine, his worries had somehow lessened and he was happy in her presence; something Ella had observed throughout these months.

Lady Tremaine carried the grief on herself pretty well but, her sadness could never be reflected when she would be throwing one of her parties. She was famous amongst the Villagers for her lavish parties. It cost them a lot of money as Lady Tremaine could never be satisfied with cheap alcohol but, her father looked happy in the parties. That was the only thing that mattered to Ella, she signed as she thought about this over and over.

Ella turned in her bed once again, and now she faced the windows. The breeze of the night flowed through them and the curtains followed their movements. It was like the will of the curtains depended wholly on the wind. Her eyes traced the movements and suddenly she saw her father in place of the curtains and Lady Tremaine as the wind. Her father following her for the happiness he seeked after the love, he had once lost. Lady Tremaine unaware of the weight of happiness that rested on her, did as her heart desired.

Ella closed her eyes, not wanting to face the reality just yet. She didn't want to know that her father was not the man she once knew. She shook her head slightly to get rid of the image and waited for a moment to let the thought dissolve. She slowly opened her eyes, and sighed in relief when she saw only the curtains moving.

A man she once knew or not, he was still her father and she loved him more than anything in the world. She was going to support him no matter what, no matter what decisions he makes, she decided releasing a breath she didn't knew she was holding and closed her eyes. She fell asleep the next second, with a decision made.

~~~

Ella woke up the next morning, determined to somehow help out her father with his problems. She straightened her dress and tightened her pony as she looked into the mirror. She wore her lucky blue dress, as she believed it was magical, the one which her mother had given her as a birthday present.

She huffed out a breath, as looked out the window. It was bright and sunny outside, just as her heart desired and she knew that the day was going to end well. Ella strode out of her room and made her way downstairs, a bounce in her steps, felling with excitement.

Ella walked towards the kitchens, ready to whip out a healthy breakfast for her father, to help him with the day's work. After all, breakfast is the most important meal of the day, her mother used to say. She smiled as she poured out the floor in a bowl, along with the other ingredients. The maids gave her own space, as they could see her focus was somewhere else. She smiled at them, and continued whisking her breakfast.

She flipped the pancakes around and readied the tea. Ella cut up some fruits to go alongside the breakfast. She prepared all the favourites of her father's. She knew he would be happy after eating them. Her apron was dusted off with the flour remainder and her hair was all over the place.

She tucked her hair behind her ear with a dusted hand and swept the sweat off her cheeks with her shoulder. After an hour, she was done with the breakfast. She gattered everything on her tray and placed in on the trolley. She smiled as she glanced all over the tray, trying not to miss anything. She wiped her hands on the hand towels and took off the apron, placing it on the hanger.