Beast

The Beast threw the vase on the floor in anger and it broke into pieces just like his heart. He had hoped that he would be able to turn into human again, as he had asked the Enchantress for two days. But, once he turned Beast again, it changed him more into a monster and he was angry as he had scared the girl. He was angry at everything, he was angry at the world, at the girl for getting scared, although it wasn't her fault. He wanted to be human again and live a normal life.

He groaned out loud as he smashed the wall mirror in his room and it shattered into pieces and one of the pieces cut his hand. He stared at the blood on his hands, as he realised that maybe he had hurt the girl same way, emotionally, when he had approached her the night before. The look in her eyes, matched the blood dripping out from his fingers, and he sighed out loud as he sat down near the broken pieces of glass. He growled out loud at the misery in his life and looked around the mess he had created in his room. His life looked the same and it was his fault. Every wrong thing in the world was his fault. He was at fault for ruining the lives of his servants. They were trapped in this haunting castle, because of him and he could never forgive himself for it.

The guilt would be trapped in his mind through his life.

The Enchantress had cursed him such as he would become the monster he had always feared. He was becoming like the monster in his nightmares more as the days passed and he could do nothing about him.

The fear in the girl's eyes reminded him of his childhood when he would wake up in the middle of the night, scared because of the nightmare, sweat dripping down his forehead as he stared at the terrifying night.

Beast shook his head as he stood up and thought of visiting the girl in the nursing room, to check up on her as she had blacked out due to his appearance. He hoped he wouldn't scare her away once again. He stepped down the stairs one by one as he strode to the nursing room. It was dead silent in the castle, as always whenever he walked out of his room and the hallway was lit dimly as he walked.

He neared the nursing room and he couldn't sense any movements from inside the room and he assumed she would still be asleep. So, he knocked lightly on the door waiting for her to wake up and open the door. He stood there for a few minutes before he knocked harder this time. Still, no response was heard from the insides as waited impatiently. He grew angry as he threw the door open and strode inside. He stomped his foot as he looked around the room, to find it empty.

He turned his head sideways as he searched every corner in the room. He picked up the heavy blanket from the blanket and found nothing. He walked to the open window and looked down to find any signs of the girl. There was no way she could have jumped out of here, he thought. He threw the wardrobe open and was met with nothing again. He lost his temper as he threw the furniture around and growled loudly at the empty room.

He strode out of the room, angrily as he thought of the places she could have hid in the castle. He searched the hallway to end up with no result. He growled loudly as he ended up in front of the staircase leading up to the wings. He looked around hurriedly, wanting to see the girl in front of him. He eyed the coat hanger warily as he stood straight not moving at all. He narrowed his eyes as he picked up him and asked, "Where is the girl?"

The coat hanger seemed frightened as he answered, "I...I.. don't know, Master. I don't know." This angered Beast even more as he tightened his grip around his neck and asked again, "I'm asking for the last time, where is the girl?" He roared at him and the coat hanger shook in his hands as he stuttered, "I don't know, Master. I saw Lumière talking about her few minutes ago. I don't know where she is." As he finished talking, Beast heard Lumière's voice coming from the west wing. He turned his head as he tried making sense of what Lumière was saying. He loosened his grip on the coat hanger's neck as he left him and made his way to the west wing.

He walked up the stairs and heard Lumière and Mr. Cogsworth speaking in the west wing. He growled out loud at the voices, "Lumière!" His voice silenced the castle, as he heard Lumière run towards him from the west wing. Lumière stopped to breathe as he bent down in front of his Master. Beast narrowed his eyes at Lumière and Mr. Cogsworth shrugged at him, lightly.

"Lumière! Where is the girl?" He asked him as he waited for the answer and Lumière stood up straight smiling at him. "Don't smile at me. Give me the answer, where is the girl?" Beast asked losing the last bit of patience he had in him.

Lumière smiled nervously at him as he scratched his neck and replied,"You see, Master. The girl..." The Beast nodded at him to continue, "The girl..." Lumière stopped and took his Master's hand in his and he walked them away from the west wing.

Beast was hesitant but, followed him nonetheless as Lumière was the only one knowing her whereabouts. "Where is the girl, Lumière?" The Beast asked as they reached his bedroom. Lumière closed the door behind him as Mrs. Potts soon followed soon and all of them were in the closed spacing. The room was dead silent as Beast waited for Lumière to answer his question. Lumière looked anywhere but him as he was nervous.

"The girl is in her room." Mrs. Potts uttered out of nowhere as everyone starred at her in disbelief. Beast was confused as he asked, "You gave her a room?" Mrs. Potts smiled at him and he scrunched his face in anger. "Why would you give her a room? She doesn't deserve to be in this castle as she's a nobody." Mrs. Potts narrowed her eyes at him as she asked, "Now, now. We don't have a right to judge anybody, do we?" Beast huffed at her as he was annoyed.

Lumière interrupted to lighten the mood, "It's okay, Master. She was scared that's all. She had never seen you in this form before, so..." Lumière looked down as Beast dared him to continue.

"She's a nice girl, Master." Lumière said as he scratched his head nervously. "Maybe you should ask her to have dinner with you as she's our guest." Beast scoffed at the word 'guest' and shook his head.

"Why should I ask her?" The Beast said and it was Mrs. Potts who broke the silence that followed, "Because, you have to. It's your duty." Beast shook his head once again but, as Mrs. Potts narrowed her eyes at him, he reluctantly agreed.

"Alright, fine. I'll ask her. But, how do I ask her?" Beast said as he paced in the room. Lumière smiled at him as he gestured his hand around wildly, "It's simple, Master. You knock on her door and ask 'Would you like to join me for dinner?'." Beast rolled his eyes at Lumière's suggestion but, nonetheless walked out of his bedroom, everyone following suit.

They reached her bedroom in the west wind and Beast stood in front of her door. He looked at them and shook his head at them but, one look from Mrs. Potts and he knocked on the door hesitantly.

"Yes." He heard a mumbled reply from behind the door and he ordered loudly, "Join me for dinner!" He heard a scoff from her and he growled lightly. "No, I won't have dinner with you. You first take me as your prisoner and then ask me to have dinner with you?"

He grew angry as he scratched the door with his claws and threw the furniture from the hallway around. The servants barely managed to save themselves as Mrs. Potts shouted at him, "Ask her nicely." Beast scoffed but, still asked her one more time.

"Would you like to join me for dinner?" He asked in a soft tone and waited impatiently for her answer. He heard a loud, "No!" from the bedroom and he strode away angrily while growling out loud at them and they took a step back in fear.

"If she doesn't eat with me, she doesn't eat atall." He said as he turned away from the room and stomped towards his room angrily.

~~~