Moment de vérité - I

Lumière's POV

Lumière glanced at Mrs. Potts as he held Plumette's hand. He turned back to her as she sighed. He knew she was upset as they had no choice but to await their faith. He looked at her adoringly as she smiled up to him sadly. He had to see her till their so called death by the rose. They were anticipating the fall of the last petal. But, that didn't mean they couldn't enjoy their last moments. So, Lumière tugged Plumette closer as he placed his right hand on her waist. Plumette smiled at the closeness and sighed as she placed her head on his chest as he twirled them around.

"At least, he finally learned to love." Lumière announced as they danced around the fireplace and everyone around them nodded their head at him.

Mr. Cogsworth however huffed as he stood in an angry stance, "But, what good is it? Since, she clearly doesn't love him back." He walked towards the window as his shoulders slung down in disappointment.

Mrs. Potts looked at them as she said, "She loves him. There's still time as there are two petals left on the rose. What if she came back?" She asked around and she saw a little hope on their faces, "Be patient." She nodded as she smiled sadly.

Chips stood next to her as he heard something from the woods. He exclaimed as he jumped in his place, "Did you hear that, Mama?" He looked at her expectedly as he asked, "Is she coming back?" He jumped towards the fog covered window to look outside.

Lumière's ears perked up at this as he quickly climbed the window and wiped the fog on the window as he strained his eyes to look more clearly. Mrs. Potts stood next to her son as she too peered out of the window, hoping for the return of the beloved Ella. She had grown close to her these past few days and she loved the fact that she brought Master's good side.

Mr. Cogsworth struggled as he slowly climbed the window with the help of Lumière because of his old age. He walked slowly towards the sill as he huffed out breath, trying to calm his breathing. "Well, at last she thought of us." He grumbled out. Plumette flew next to him as she looked through window as she was high in the air.

Suddenly, Lumière saw the fire torches in the woods and he squinted his eyes as the view cleared in front of him and he exclaimed, "Invaders! They are coming for us!" Everyone was on high alert as they themselves saw the mob. The mob was angry as they held the torches high in the air and roared out as they headed towards the castle.

"Barricade the entrance!" Mr. Cogsworth exclaimed as they all got down from the window and headed towards the entrance. Mr. Cogsworth ran as fast as he could and Lumière was the first to reach the doors. They could hear the shouting of the mob from outside. Mrs. Potts and Chapeau rushed to the door.

They could sense the Mob getting closer to them as the seconds passed. The main door was locked and there was no way they get in. Maestro Cadanza came running as he climbed down the staircase and yelled, "I'll barricade them." He quickly stood on two of his supports and hugged the main door as the Mob from outside started pounding on the door. He hugged the door tightly as the door started moving a little due to the pounding. All were anxious as they heard how angry the Mob was and they weren't sure if they would be able to stop them but, nonetheless they held their stance.

The pounding on the door suddenly stopped and Lumière let out a breath of relief as he thought that the Mob had left. But, a moment later Mr. Cogsworth gasped out loud in shock as the Mob suddenly pounded the small door on the main door and the wood door broke in pieces as they hit it again. Maestro Cadanza lost his balance due to the impact as he fell backwards but, Chapeau was quick to catch him. Mrs. Potts gasped out loud at the intruders and Chip was scared as he looked at Lumière.

Lumière looked towards the west wing as he quickly thought of a plan. He looked at Mr. Cogsworth as he ushered him and whispered in his ear. Mr. Cogsworth quickly nodded at him as he rushed as fast as he could towards the west wing. Lumière looked back at the door and nodded at others as he said, "We got work to do."