Moment de vérité - III

Third POV

Lady Tremaine smirked as she reached the bedroom of the Beast. She opened the door as she entered and looked around to find it empty. Her gaze fell upon the golds and the antiques around the room and her eyes glazed like greediness as she mentally calculated the wealth and luxury she'd get after she'd kill the Beast. She cackled in the greediness and walked further into the room. The room was dead silent and it grew colder as she walked towards the balcony slowly, not giving away her presence.

She held the rifle close to herself as she was ready to shoot the Beast if he attacked her. She reached the balcony and slowly entered it as she saw a glimpse of the Beast, crouched down on the balcony floor holding something in his hands.

She tried looking at what he held in his hands, but she was unsuccessful. So, she cleared her throat before she spoke, "Hello, Beast." The Beast turned abruptly as he was startled by her voice and looked at him. Lady Tremaine took a step back as she feared his mighty height and his fangs. He was much bigger in person and could easily kill her if he wanted to. But, at the moment he looked vulnerable so, Lady Tremaine decided to use it for her advantage.

"Ella sent me." She said as she held the rifle in front of her, pointing at him. The Beast expressions changed from vulnerable to attention at the mention of Ella's name. "She sent me to kill you." Lady Tremaine said as she smirked at him. The rifle ready to shoot if he made a move against her.

The Beast looked at her with little hope in his eyes as she continued, "Did you honestly think she'd love you?" Lady Tremaine said as she walked towards him with as much daring she could muster. The hopefulness from the Beast's eyes drained as he uttered, "She's not coming back."

Lady Tremaine's eyes were fixated on the glass slipper he held in his eyes and her eyes sparkled at them as the slippers shined brightly under the moon's light. The greediness took over her mind as she clicked the rifle in her hand and said, "She only loves her family. Not some Beast." As she finished saying this, she shot the bullet but, the bullet didn't hit the Beast and the Beast fell down along with Ella who had come to the rescue. Ella had managed to push him out of the way just in time.

The glass slipper fell from his hand onto the balcony floor and Lady Tremaine rushed quickly to catch it before it could break. She heaved out a breath as she caught it in time. She stood up as she looked at Ella who looked flustered. Lady Tremaine looked at her in confusion as she clenched the glass slippers to her chest.

Ella calmed herself as she looked at Beast and helped him up. She was flustered as she stared at his face. His expression were a mixture of every emotion and Ella couldn't place her finger on his feelings. He didn't blink as he touched her cheeks with his claws. He smiled at her as mumbled slowly, "You came back." Ella nodded at him as she blushed, "I tried stopping them." She said as she touched his forearm.

The little moment was broken as they heard another gun shot. They ducked as they tried to protect themselves. But, they didn't get hurt as the bullet wasn't aimed for them and it was fired in the air. They looked at Lady Tremaine in disbelief as she cackled to herself absentmindedly. She cocked the rifle to her side as she uttered, scoffing, "So, now what, huh? The Princess gets to live happily ever after with the Prince? Huh?" She walked around the balcony as she looked down.

"Madam-" Ella started as she walked towards her but, she stopped in her tracks as her stepmother lifted her gaze and looked at Ella. Ella took a step back as she feared the hatred and ugliness that filled her stepmother's eyes.

"Don't! Don't use that voice on me." She scrunched her face in annoyance as she said, "I despise your voice. Didn't you understand that yet?" She let out a laugh as she looked at Ella's confused face, "You use the sweet, innocent voice on everyone and they just melt at your innocence. They fall at your feet as they worship your kindness." Ella tries not to fazed by her words as she steps towards her in order to stop her. The Beast followed her movements as he too carefully stepped towards her.