Beast

The castle was silent as the night was dark and frightening. The atmosphere resembled the deadly cursed bestowed upon the servants and the beloved prince. The cold seemed to increase as the days went by and the living beings became less humane per say. The connection to the outer world was cut off and no one knew what was going on every day for past five years.

Lumière sat on the window sill looking out and watching as the snow fell continuously; piling throughout the garden and the trees, making them isolated more and more.

Lumière sighed as he wondered when he would be able to become human again and kiss his lover, the Featherduster. He missed his days as the prince's apprentice, riding through the village delivering his announcements. The wind blew in through the gap between the window sills and blew off the candle on top his head. He lit it up again using his left hand's candle. He placed his right arm on his knees as he rested, looking all sad and gloomy. Even though he had become a candle stand after the Enchantress's curse, he felt lucky being a special, vintage candle.

"Why do you look so sad, my darling?" He heard Featherduster speak from beside him and he turned to look at her.

"It's just a gloomy day, isn't darling?" He said as he jumped down from the window sill and walked over to where she stood. He took her in his arms, caressing her shoulders lightly and he smiled at her. "It indeed is." She replied as she rested her head against his shoulders.

Lumière placed his left hand against the small curve of her waist and took her right hand in his and started moving around the floor. It was quite frightening how they always found comfort in each other's arms, even though the possibility of them becoming human again decreased as the days went by.

Featherduster had always been a beautiful woman and she brought brightness wherever she went, her personality was charming to say the least. She had turned into a beautiful pigeon shaped featherduster. It suited her perfectly, Lumière used to say. Although, the whiteness of her duster form contrasted against her skin colour; it was an amazing golden skin tone. She didn't mind it though. She knew that Lumière would love her no matter her skin colour.

Their small dance was broken midway as they heard a cough from the doors. Lumière's senses were quick and he walked towards the noise. He slowly stood against the door and leaned down a little bit to see the cause of the sound. There was a huge shadow across the wall as the person walked upwards and Lumière was afraid as no person had walked through the castle since the last five years. Lumière rubbed his hands together ready to burn the person as his defence. But, there was a cough from the person and the shadow seemed to grow as they walked up the stairs. Lumière's heartbeat fastened and he feared for his life.

Lumière closed his eyes, ready for the attack but, as soon as he opened his eyes and swung his hands at the person, he heard a loud scream, "Lumière, what are you doing?" The person spoke and Lumière blinked to focus on the person. It was after all Mr. Cogsworth- "The Clock" trying to fend off the heat from the candle burns.

Lumière heaved out a huge sigh and sat down on the ground, clenching his head in hands and trying to slow down his breathing. Mr. Cogsworth shook his shoulder but, Lumière didn't reply. A second later he mustered all his strength and stood up, Mr. Cogsworth looked at him questionably and Lumière screamed at him, "Why were you walking up the stairs like that?" This startled Mr. Cogsworth and he took a step back to avoid his lashing. He struggled to speak as he shrugged, "I...I... I mean I was just tired and I was walking up really slow. One step at a time." He looked at him, innocently and Lumière couldn't help but, lower his temper.

"Then, why on earth was your shadow so huge?" Lumière reasoned out. Mr.Cogsworth looked around the staircase and shrugged as he didn't had any answer, "It must be the candles along the stairwell."