Cinderella - I

Ella smiled as she made her way back to her house. The conversation between her and Mister Adam replayed continuously in her mind. She didn't even realise she had reached her house and sat on the horse in front of house for almost half an hour; until her stepsisters almost pushed her down from the horse but, she managed to get a hold of herself.

Her stepsisters had laughed off loudly at her expense and her stepmother had walked out of the house to learn the cause for the noise which was disturbing her beauty sleep. She had glared at her daughters and scolded Ella for wasting her time, she had said, "You pathetic girl. Stop wasting my time and get some work done around the house. Always being lazy." She had scrunched her face in disgust and asked her daughters to follow her. This had damped Ella's mood a little but then she remembered Mister Adam's words, "I hope to see you again, miss." And that one sentence had spread a huge smile on Ella's beautiful face.

She had taken her horse back to the stable and fed him food and water while caressing his skin and murmuring sweet nothings into his ear to calm him down from the running and gain back his strength. After that, she had bluntly ignored her stepmother's insults and clap backs as she worked around the house. Her stepsisters had asked her to tidy their room once again even though she had just done it yesterday. The moment she entered their room, it seemed like a storm had ruined their room and she had sighed and worked her way around the mess.

The smile never left her face as she cleaned the house, fed the animals and the evils in her house. After cleaning the kitchen, she had realised that they were going to be out of groceries soon, so she had to make a trip to the town soon. So, she made her way over to her stepmother's room, she knocked on the door as she asked, "Shall I come in, madam?"

Lady Tremaine scoffed on the other side of the door as she muttered, "Come in." Ella looked down as she entered the room and waited for her stepmother to give her permission to speak.

"What is it?" Her stepmother asked as she cleaned her nails, sitting on the chair, looking unbothered by her presence.

"I wanted money to-" Ella started but she was cut off by Lady Tremaine as she leaned forward and focused on her when the matter of money was involved.

"Why do you need money? Don't we provide you enough?" Lady Tremaine asked as she glared at her, daring her to speak. Ella wanted to scoff at her last question but, she forgave her since, her day was a lucky one and she didn't want to ruin it, so she ignored the question and focused on the important things.

"I wanted money for buying groceries, we are running out of stock soon. So, I was heading to the town to buy them." Ella uttered fast as she wanted to get out of the suffocating room as soon as possible.

Lady Tremaine nodded at her as she stood up from her chair and walked towards her closet. She picked up some coins and placed it in a bag and threw it Ella as she walked back to her chair, "Buy whatever is needed from this. No more than this amount should be spent." She turned around as she picked up a rotten apple from the table and threw it on Ella.

Ella nearly got hit by the apple but, she barely managed to catch it and nodded as she made her way out of the room. She threw the rotten apple in the dustbin and collected her basket from the kitchen as she walked out of the house. She smiled as she loaded the basket on the cart and asked the farmer to drop her to the town's road. The farmer compiled and smiled at her as he turned the cart on the town's road.

Upon reaching the town, Ella made sure to visit her former maid's house. She smiled as she knocked on her door and waited for her to open the door. A moment later, the door opened and the maid smiled as she took in Ella's presence, "Ella! What a pleasant surprise!" She exclaimed as she threw her arms around Ella's neck and hugged her tight. Ella's face lit up as she hugged her friend tightly.