6

Alec drives you both over to his house and he takes you inside. You put your stuff on the bed. You wrap your arms around him and rest your head against his chest. He wraps his arms around you tightly and kisses your head.

"Right, I'm gonna get changed." He sighs.

"Nope. I'm not letting go." You shake your head slightly.

"I need to get changed out of this and into something more comfy." He chuckles.

"I like your hugs. I don't wanna let go." You feel yourself pout.

"You're gonna have to let go. Just for a minute. Feel free to go and put the kettle on." He smiles to you as sigh and wonder out to the kitchen. You make a cup of tea for you both then step outside. You sit on the steps and look out over the river.

You can hear the sea in the distance and the moon is reflecting off of the river. It's a clear night so it's very starry. There's a slight breeze but it isn't too cold.

Alec comes out and sits beside you.

"I take it you like the view?" He smiles. You turn and nod.

"Not just the river either." You smile and kiss him. You see that he blushes a lot and smiles widely. He leans back into the house and flicks a switch.

A string of red, blue, green and yellow fairy lights are turned on. They are around the beams for the edge of the river.

"I still like this view." You chuckle as you look up to him. He chuckles and covers his face. You move his hands from his face and kiss him. He kisses you back.

He makes the kiss deeper and neither of you move away. He finally sits back and smiles widely.

"Why don't you come back inside? It'll be warmer there." He smiles as he holds your hand and stands up. You stand up with him and follow him inside.

"The teas are in the kitchen." You smile as you go into the kitchen. He takes a sip of his tea and sighs.

"That's a good cuppa." He smiles over to you. "We should probably go to sleep once we've had these. Work tomorrow."

"Yeah. But I really need to be in this case. I need to be able to stay up to date with what's happening."

"You will stay up to date. We just can't have you effecting the case with any suspects."

"You mentioned earlier about officers close to the case being involved. What happened?"

"The case with Danny Latimer. It was Miller's husband. When she found out she wanted to see him. I knew I shouldn't have let her see him but I did anyway. She got in there and she attacked him. So his confession was dismissed therefore the jury ruling him as innocent. I don't want you attacking whoever took your daughter."

You nod, beginning to understand why.

"Okay." You take a big sip of your tea leaving half of it in the cup.

"Why did you let Ellie in?"

"She said she needed answers. Why he did it? Why Danny? How long for? What happened? I thought it may help the case if we got answers but it was an error of judgement." He sighs. He finishes his drink and washes the mug. You also finish your drink and he washes the mug for you. "Shall we go to bed?"

You nod and follow him to his room.

"I'm just gonna brush my teeth." You smile sleepily.

"Yeah me too." You get your tooth brush from your bag then you both go into the bathroom and begin brushing your teeth.

You're stood in front of the mirror watching him and he steps closer behind you. He wraps an arm around your waist and pulls you close. Both of you smile to each other and finish brushing your teeth.

You go back into his bedroom and notice that he's wearing shorts and a tshirt. He lays down on the bed and motions for you to join him. You lay down on the bed in front of him. He pulls you close so you're spooning and he kisses your neck.

"Is this okay?" He mumbles against your skin.

"Of course." You smile sleepily as he keeps kissing your neck. You tilt your head to the side and relax.

"What did Miller say about us earlier then?" He asks between the kisses he plants on your neck.

"She asked what happened and I said that we kissed. She asked what else and I said that I can't tell her. She was desperate to know though." You giggle softly.

"Yeah I bet she was. I was gonna say that telling her would be like telling everyone. But I'm sure she's already told everybody that we kissed."

"Are you embarrassed that we kissed?" You ask straightaway.

"What? No! But I'd like my private life to stay, well... private." He sighs against your skin.

"Yeah. I guess." You close your eyes and relax as he holds onto you tightly around your waist. You feel his grip loosen as he falls asleep. You turn over and rest your head against his chest. He's still holding you close and you fall asleep happily.

- A . H -

I woke up in the middle of the night to see that (Y/N) was still asleep in my arms. I smiled and kissed her forehead and in reaction she snuggled into my chest. I stroked her hair off of her face and watched her.

I still can't get over how beautiful she is

I kissed her nose then held her tighter. I rested my head on hers and relaxed more. I felt her relax more in my arms. As I relaxed, I started falling asleep again.

I was woken up a few minutes later to (Y/N) sitting up as she woke up. She was in tears.

"Hey. Woah. What's wrong?" I asked as I pulled her into a hug.

"I-I had a nightmare. I dreamt that Ellie was gone." She stuttered. I frowned softly in confusion. "My daughter." She sighed. "I dreamt that Ellie was only found... dead."

"It's okay. I'm gonna find her for you. I promise." I held her close. "Why don't you tell me about her. What's she like?"

"She's my world. She's clumsy, funny, cheeky. The sweetest little girl in the world and she's just so adorable. I think she'd really like you."

"Why?" I chuckled softly.

"She'd think you were funny and you're the type of person that would play the games that she wants to play. She'd probably see you as her best friend." She shrugged slightly. I smiled and kissed her head.

"I'll find her." I sighed as I kissed her head again. "Let's go back to sleep, come on." I wrapped my arms around her and got comfortable again.

I stayed awake until I knew that she was asleep, just to be sure that she was okay.