12

- A . H -

I took her into the restaurant and sat at our table.  She had dressed up a bit and she looked amazing. I quite literally couldn't take my eyes off of her.

"(Y/N)... you still look absolutely beautiful..." I smiled softly. She blushed and looked away for a second. "I can't believe how lucky I am to have the most beautiful girl in the world."

She smiled and kept blushing. I leant over the table and kissed her. She kissed me back and smiled.

"I love you." She smiled widely.

"I love you too." The waiter interrupted us and came over to take our order. We decided what we wanted and then he left. "We are going back to my place after this."

"Oh... are we now?" She chuckled.

"Yeah... like you said earlier, it's not as if we can do anything at yours."

"Okay. Sounds like a good plan." She smiled. I'd brought her to a restaurant in rooftop in town. She stared out across the town and I watched her.

She looked absolutely stunning. I began wondering what I had done to deserve such an amazing person in my life. She's the best thing to ever happen to me, I just hope that I don't do anything to mess it up.

Both of our attention was caught by the waiter who bought our food over. We thanked him and he left again.

"This looks amazing!" She grinned.

"You look better though." I smile over to her.

"You're so cheesy sometimes!" She laughed.

"You know I am!" I laughed too. We started eating and eventually we had finished our whole meal.

I asked for the bill and the waiter came over.

"I'll get my half." She mumbled as she looked for her money.

"Nope. I bought you out. I'm paying for it all."

"Alec... it's expensive. Don't worry."

"I don't care if it's expensive, love. I'm paying." I didn't realise what I had said but I knew that it had shut her up for now. I had paid and we had left the restaurant. As I drove, I went over what had happened when I was paying.

I called her love

"(Y/N)?" I mumbled quietly.

"Yeah?" She answered.

"D-did you mind me calling you love earlier?" I stuttered.

"No. Not at all. In all honesty, I kinda liked it." She smiled over to me.

"Okay..." I nodded. "...love" She smiled more and held my hand. I lifted her hand and kissed it.

Eventually, I parked outside my house and went inside with her.

"I haven't been here in ages." I mumbled as I closed the door. She chuckled and kissed me. I smiled, closed my eyes and kissed her back passionately. "Are we going straight to the bedroom?" I asked through the kisses.

She nodded and pulled at my tie. I kissed her cheek and then her neck. I kissed and sucked her neck.

She tilted her head back as I sucked her neck. I moved my kisses up to underneath her ear.

"Let's go to the bedroom. Jump and I'll catch you." I whispered into her ear. She jumped and wrapped her legs around my waist. I carried her into the bedroom.

I kept kissing her as I led her down on the bed. I started taking her clothes off when her phone started ringing in her pocket. She went to reach for it.

"Just leave it. I'm sure it can wait." I mumbled as I pulled it out of her pocket and tossed it onto the bedside table. I kept kissing her neck as I climbed onto the bed.

——————

"Alec... woah!" She panted as I wrapped my arms around her. She relaxed in my arms.

"See? Ignoring your phone was worth it."

"I know. Shush." She giggled. I hugged her tightly for a second and she squealed. "You're cutting off my blood circulation!"

"I don't care. You're all squidgy like my little teddy bear."

"I know but it's hurts a little bit." She chuckled. I let go of her straight away.

"Oh I'm sorry." I pouted as I hid my face in the crook of her neck. I sighed and kissed her neck softly.

"Don't worry about it." I nodded slightly and keep kissing her neck.

"(Y/N)?" I mumbled, my voice was muffled.

"Yeah?"

"Do you wanna meet my mum?" I asked abruptly.

"Um, at some point, yeah. Why?"

"Well I've told her all about you and she's really keen on meeting you."

"Oh, really? We could go when we've both got the day off."

"I think it would be more of a whole weekend thing." I sighed.

"Why's that?"

"She still lives up in Scotland. I said to her that she should move down here with me so I can help her, look after her and see her but she refused."

"Oh. Okay. What about your dad? Can't he help her?"

"Oh... um, no. He passed away a few years ago."

"Oh, I'm sorry."

"Don't worry about it. I'm not sorry."

"What?"

"It's horrible but I was waiting for the day."

"Why?"

"He was really... he-he abused me and my mum a lot..." I stuttered.

- Your P.O.V -

You turn over and hug him tightly.

"I'm so sorry." You sigh as you hold him close. You can tell that he's crying.

"It's okay. You didn't know. And sometimes it can be better to talk about it."

"I know but we don't have to talk about it if you don't want to. I'll completely understand." You sigh as you stroke his hair. He shakes his head slightly.

"He used to hit me. I had to be taken to hospital so much. At one point I had a fractured eye socket and a broken rib."

"How old were you? Weren't you taken into care?" You ask.

"Around this time I was 14. I hadn't been taken into care yet because my dad always made an excuse. I tripped on the stairs or slipped in the shower. But then one time, it was my mum and not me. I was able to call the police. He was arrested and she was taken into hospital. I was taken into care whilst she was in hospital and whilst the trial went on."

You sigh and kiss his head again. He started crying more.

"It's okay. Cry as much as you want." You hold him protectively. He doesn't cry for long.

"Sorry. I expect this isn't how you expected the end of our date to go."

"Don't worry. I've had worse dates." You giggle softly as you stroke his hair. He chuckles and sighs.

"I'm not sure it could be worse than a sobbing mess beside you in bed." He smiles softly.

"It can if he lives with his mum and she walks in." You whisper, trying not to laugh.

"No!" He laughs.

"Yep! Never spoke to him again."

"I promise my mum will never walk in." He chuckles.

"I'm glad otherwise I won't speak to you again, even if you are my boss."