9

You're led in the sofa in Alec's arms as you both watch the tv. He's not even watching the TV, he's just kissing all over your neck. You squirm slightly and giggle.

The buzzer for the door goes off. You're expecting Ellie to be dropped off by Steve. As soon as Alec heard the buzzer he holds you tighter.

"That's gonna be Steve dropping Ellie off." You sigh slightly. Alec sighs, kisses your neck and shakes his head. "We can't make them stay out there."

"I don't wanna let go of you because we won't be able to be like this until we go to bed." He whined like a kid.

"Come on. You'll be fine." You chuckle as you finally wriggle out of his arms. He keeps hold of your hand as you stand up. "If you're holding on you're gonna have to come with me."

He groans and gets up with you. You both walk to the door and you answer it. He's stood right behind you, still holding your hand.

"Hey. Just dropping this little one off." He smiles. "And I was hoping to have a quick chat with you too."

"Yeah sure. Come in." You let go of his hand and motion for Ellie and Steve to come in. Ellie runs in and through to her room. "What's up?" You ask.

"I was kind hoping it was just us. It's something that I don't want everyone knowing about." He mumbled.

"I'll take Ellie the park. Don't worry." Alec smiles softly. You and Steve stand in the kitchen awkwardly as Alec gets her ready and takes her to the park.

"What's wrong, Steve?"

"Nothing. Just um, I wanted to let you know that..." he sighs then leans towards you. He leans closer and kisses you. You don't know what to do so you freeze. He eventually sits back.

"What the fuck was that?" You frown.

"I was letting you know that I... I still love you." He shrugs.

"Are you blind? I'm with Alec!"

"What? Him? Is that why he's always round here?" Steve frowns, seeming confused by your decisions.

"Of course it is. There's nothing wrong with that either. Why else would he be here all the time?"

"I don't know. Something to do with Ellie maybe?" Steve mutters.

"You should leave. Like... right now." You mumble. Steve hesitates before leaving the apartment. You sigh and stare into the distance.

Why couldn't things just be easy? Why did things decide to go wrong as soon as it goes right?

After a while you finally text Alec so he can come back up.

To Alec: he's gone, you can come back up now x
From Alec: cool, we're on our way xxx

You sit on the sofa and stare into the distance again. Eventually Ellie comes galloping through the apartment which snaps you back to reality.

"Hey." He kisses your cheek. "What did he want?" Alec asks as he sits down beside you and snuggled up with you.

"He kissed me." You sigh, emotionless.

"What do you mean he kissed you?" He frowns as he sits up.

"He just kissed me."

"What else happened?" Alec mumbles.

"Nothing. I told him that you and me were together and he claimed that he didn't know so I told him to leave."

"You didn't kiss him back, did you?" He asks.

"No but I didn't push him away either. I just kinda... froze." You explain quietly.

"How can he think that we're not together? Is he stupid?" You shrug. "I'm gonna go see him." Alec says as he looks for his car keys.

"No! Alec! No. Just leave it. If you even touch him he could report you. Police brutality or something. Don't!"

Alec stops right by the door.

"You promise that you didn't feel anything. You don't have any feelings for him?"

"Of course not! I love you and only you. I've got everything I want in life. He was the one that ruined it anyway, why would I choose to put myself and Ellie through that again?" He nods.

"I love you too." He sighs softly, relaxing slightly. "Sorry. I just really want this to work out. I don't think I'd be able to cope with someone else leaving me. You're the only thing I still have and I can't lose you too."

"No it's okay. I understand why you're being protective of me. I'd be exactly the same if it was the other way." You sigh as you kiss his head. "I promise you that it meant nothing."

He nods and rests his head on your shoulder.

You start thinking about what he had said before:
You're the only thing I still have and I can't lose you too

You decide to help him. You're going to find Daisy and find a way for him to get to see her. But it has to be a surprise.

"Alec?" You mumble. He hums in reply. "I've just remembered that I've got some paperwork that I was meant to fill out. It's gotta be done by 9 tomorrow morning."

"Don't worry about it. It's only me you've gotta answer to. I'm not worried if it's late." He chuckles.

"I know but I don't wanna get behind on my paperwork." You smile softly. "It shouldn't take long to get done." He groans slightly.

"Okay."

"You don't mind looking after Ellie?" You ask. He shook his head.

"Of course. Go. Sort your paperwork." He sits up and kisses you. "I love you" He whispers.

"I love you too." You whisper as you smile widely. You kiss him then stand up from the sofa. "I'll just let Ellie know what's going on."

You go through to her bedroom where she's playing with some dolls.

"Mummy? Can I dress you up like one of my princesses?" Ellie grins as she runs over and hugs you. You chuckle and pick her up.

"I've got to go to work quickly but I'm sure if you ask Alec very nicely, he'll do it with you." You smile.

"Yeah!" She grins as she wriggles to get out of your arms. You put her back down and she pulls you to the living room. "Mummy said I can dress you like a princess!"

"No. I said if you ask him nicely. So go and ask him nicely." You roll your eyes and you watch her. She sighs slightly and walks over to Alec.

"Pretty please can I dress you like a princess?" She asks hopefully. He looks up at you.

"She'll just play with your hair for a bit and put a crown on you." You mouth to him. He nods.

"Okay. Because you asked nicely. Let's say bye-bye to Mummy first." He picks her up and walks to the door with you.

"Bye, Mummy." Ellie grins.

"Bye, (Y/N/N)." He smiles as he kisses you. (a/n your nick name)

"Bye." You kiss him back and then walk out to your car. You drive to work and begin searching for a way that Alec can see his daughter.