34| hit or miss

"Go home Kira

"Go home Kira." Rhys continues to flick through the chanels on his TV. I lean against the door frame of the living room, twirling my keys around my fingers.

"We arranged to train today so I'm here."

He rolls his head to the side, pointing the remote at my ankle. "You're meant to stay off of it for a week. That includes driving by the way."

"Who said I drove here myself?" I toss my keys to him, he catches it with ease and flips through them. "I had Jamie drop me off while she takes her cousins to the beach for the day. So I'm stuck here with you."

Twirling my keys around once he throws them back. I reach out to grab them and when I do I winch slightly at the movement. Rhys raises an eyebrow to me as if proving his point.

"You're still hurt so you have two options at the moment. Either we can watch TV here or go upstairs to watch a movie."

"I'd like to nominate a third option."

"We can make out if you like." He smirks and I fake a laugh in response.

"I want you to teach me how to fight," I move closer and nudge his knee with mine when he looks away. "Rhys, come on."

I nudge him again and he just brushes my leg away. My eyes flicker over his face before I reach out to slap him. His eyes widen as he looks at me with shock and I flash a grin. When I do it again he grabs my wrist and pulls me onto his lap.

"What do you think you're doing?" He looks amused and I go to hit him with my other hand only for the same thing to happen. "What are you going to do now?"

The glint in his eyes is playful, clearly his mood changing by my actions. I lean closer and leave a grazing kiss to his lips only for him to force me on my back against the lounge. He pins my hands above my head to decrease the space between us.

His body weight holds me down and I try to keep my chest frim rising and falling rapidly. The close proximity has my heart pounding and fingers itching to touch him. Rhys chuckles and pecks my lips gently.

"Can you let my wrists go?" I whisper and shift slightly.

"I'm not hurting you am I?" His tone changes and I shake my head. "I really hope you wouldn't kiss a guy into letting you go."

"Just you," He removes his grip and tries to lift himself up only for my arms to link around his neck. "I asked for freedom for a reason because I was considering doing option three for a bit. . ."

His eyebrows rise and I lean up to capture his lips. When the kiss heats up he reaches down to pull the back of my knees up. I wrap my legs around his waist and lean back down when he drops down to his forearms.

He pulls back, one of his hands moves to my cheek. "Are you sure that you want to-"

"Don't you?"