22| fools

"Oh you have got to be kidding me," I laugh at Rhys' story of him discovering the truth about Nate's sexuality

"Oh you have got to be kidding me," I laugh at Rhys' story of him discovering the truth about Nate's sexuality. "I don't know who to feek more sorry for you or Nate."

He chuckles. "Well at least I know to knock before entering his room. It's why I got so shitty with him when you arrived."

"I didn't look if that makes you feel better," He stiffles a chuckle, shaking his head. "What?"

Finally he tears his eyes from the game going on. "Maybe I wanted you to look, did you think of that?"

"I've noticed that you're more playful now after your confession," I bite the corner of my lip not covered in paint. "Is that because you just don't care that your guard is down?"

Rhys places the clipboard down and moves closer to me. Carefully he moves some strands of hair away from the side of my face painted like skull candy. Nate said he would leave one half intact and the other painted so my hair is kept over my shoulder to avoid paint sticking in it.

He adjusts the crown on my head before leaning closer. "I want to make the most of tonight so I just don't really care what people think or are going to say. I just want to enjoy my time with you."

"By sitting outside acting as supervisor?" I question and he moves back in the slightest.

"Lachlan's parties are always chaotic and I said I would keep an eye on you," I nod slowly and try not to react to his hand placing on my knee. "If you want to we can go inside but fair warning it's crowded."

"So you took the supervisor job so I wouldn't feel anxious?" I ask, feeling his thumb tracing patterns into my knee through the stockings. He swallows and for a split second I see the vulnerability flash through his eyes. "Come on. I want to have a dance with you."

Standing up I grab his hand on my knee but I can see the reluctance all over his face. "I don't dance."

"Please?" I smile softly as he shakes his head. "Dancing isn't that difficult."

He scoffs. "Says the ex dancer."

"That makes me a good teacher," I smile and try to pull him up but fail to do so. With a sigh I shrug and take a step back. "If you won't dance with me then I'll find someone else."

I spin around and check in the glass reflection to see Rhys getting to his feet. I knew that would work. Moving through the crowd I keep looking over my shoulder for Rhys who's eventually lost in the hoards of people. He wasn't kidding when he said it got crowded.

When I turn around to see Rhys I get a shock when his hands shoot out to grab my waist. I giggle and drape my arms over his shoulders, quickly picking up on the tune of the music. He looks around at the people surrounding us seeming incapable of doing more than swaying slightly to the music.

Oh geez he wasn't kidding when he said he can't dance. He's not even dancing. More like shifting his weight from one foot to another. I pull myself close enough for him to be able to hear me.