Chapter 1

I opened my eyes and stared at the ceiling. It was weird to be back at home still, even though it’s been almost two weeks. I had been at college in Miami for the last 4 years, living on my own, no rules, no regulations. Two weeks ago I graduated and came home to Pennsylvania. I hated it here now that I have seen what it was like to live in a big city.

I looked at the clock. 12:30. ‘Wow I slept in’ I said to myself as I pushed myself out of bed, I only have 2 hours till I have to go pick my sister up from school.  I put my long, wavy blonde hair in a bun and hopped into a quick shower. As the warm water hit my back I thought about how tonight was completely out of my hands and it sucked that I had to go. About two months before I graduated I got a phone call from my mom telling me she had bought tickets to this concert for my sister Alexis and her best friend Nicole. It wasn’t fair that I had to take them, I didn’t even know who One Direction was really! I mean I had heard one song on the radio before, and I knew that they were the hottest thing right now according to 15 year olds like my sister, but really, what was a 21 year old suppose to do at that concert!

I turned the shower off and stepped out; clearing the mirror of fog I looked at my reflection. My bright green almond shaped eyes stared back; I looked down to see full lips and a round chin. I was pretty proud of the fact that I had a descent body after 4 years of junk food, not super stick skinny but with nice curves, I was especially proud of my good butt and boobs. If I were in Miami right now I for sure would not be spending my Friday night at a One Direction Concert! I huffed and started to brush my teeth and wash my face.

I walked back into my room to see that my phone had one new voice mail. I heard my mom’s voice come threw the phone, “Samantha! Don’t forget you have to pick your sister up at 2:30 for the concert. I hope you’re still not asleep. The tickets are on the desk in the office don’t forget them and don’t be late!” I hung up my iPhone and threw it on the bed still annoyed. I went to my closet and picked out a pair of skinny jeans and a Beetles crop top and threw them on. I looked in the mirror and started to put light waves in my already wavy blonde hair. I finished up my makeup and looked in the mirror. Well at least I’d look good; there could be a hot older brother that was stuck taking his sister to the concert too.

I grabbed my keys and black cross body bag and headed out the front door towards the garage.  I put the top down to my convertible and back down the driveway when I remembered the tickets on the desk and ran back to the house. After grabbing them I drove down the street in the direction of my sister’s school. I pulled up to my front of my old high school and Alexis and Nicole came running to my car.

“What took you so long? We are going to be late!” Alexis said.

“The concert doesn’t start for another 4 hours and we are only an hour and a half away! I said.

“We have to get there early they might be outside playing soccer or something!” Nicole said.

I rolled my eyes and took off towards the Hershey Park Stadium.

An hour and a half later we pulled into the stadium parking lot parking right across from the gated area where the tour buses were. Nicole and Alexis jumped out before I even had time to turn off the car. I looked at my phone and saw a text. It was a picture of my best friends and college roommates Yvette and Sophia next to the Statue of Liberty. The caption said ‘Can’t wait for you to get here!’

“Believe me I can’t either,” I said out loud to myself. We decided to move to NYC but my internship didn’t start until June so I moved in with my parents for the rest of May to conserve money, but I missed them like hell. I looked at the Hershey Park Theme Park just across the parking lot. Heck I should just go in there instead of the concert. I got out of the car and walked towards the stadium. I found Alexis and Nicole next to the radio station tent. They were already wearing tour shirts and Alexis handed me programs they bought.

Apparently they were getting ready to give away backstage passes that my sister was trying to win. I was zoning out watch the girls screaming at everything that walked by the tour buses, when the radio DJ came up to me and said are you ready to play the 1D trivia game for backstage passes.

“Huh?”

“Yes she is” Alexis said.

“We will start with an easy one, what is the title of the album?”

I looked at a banner on the bus and saw it said Up All Night Tour so I thought it would be a good guess, “Up All Night?”

“Right! Which one of the boys is not from England?”

Hmm, I did remember my sister saying something about a kid with a N name being from Ireland and saw a girl with a shirt that said ‘I love Niall’, “Niall?”

“Right, now for some harder ones, which boy got stung by a sea urchin while on X Factor almost jeopardizing their chances of moving on in the competition?”

I looked at my sister and she mouthed ‘Louis’ “Louis?”

“I’ll give it to you but no more audience help! Next question, which boy only had one working kidney most of his life?"

I looked down at the program that had pictures of all the boys with there names and just picked the cutest one “I don’t know, Liam?”

“Yes! Alright last question which boy was know for wearing a snakeskin thong while in the X Factor house?”

I looked back at the book and saw there was another extremely cute boy, “Harry?”

“That is correct! You just won 3 backstage passes!”

I just looked shocked with my mouth wide open, I knew luck ran in the family and my mom and I always won stuff on the radio but this was crazy. My sister and her friend jumped on me practically in tears.

“Here’s your passes have fun girls!”

“Oh my fucking god I can’t believe it!” Alexis screamed.

They went running towards security and I followed behind them. They were already passed security talking to a lady with a headset in when I got up to the security guard. I showed him my pass and walked over to them.

“Hi I’m Larissa I am going to take you back to see the boys” said the lady. We followed her backstage and down an elevator to a room labeled dressing room. We walked in and there was a blonde boy and a brunette boy playing Fifa on the Wii and then an exotic looking boy texting on the phone.

“Boys these are the contest winners hanging back stage for a little bit before the show, treat them right!” Larissa winked and then left the room.

“Hey I am Zayn” the exotic boy came up and gave us all handshakes.

“I’m Samantha” I said when he got to me and smiled.

“I’m Niall,” said the blonde boy in a sweet Irish accent. I smile and said hi.

“Louis” the brunette said smiling back, “Why don’t you guys sit and join us this game is almost finish.”

Alexis sat next to Niall on the couch and Nicole sat next to Louis. I sat on a stool that was next to Zayn and we watched the boys play the game. We heard some laughter outside the door; then the door open and the laughter became louder. In came Liam and Harry and I made eye contact with them and smiled. They both stopped in there tracks.

“You must be the contest winners, I’m Liam” Liam said breaking the silence.

“I’m Harry” Harry said with a sassy smile.

Alexis and Nicole introduce themselves and Alexis squealed a little when Liam smiled and said hi.

“I’m Samantha,” I said and they both looked at me with smiles I’ll never forget.