Chapter 4

I woke up and turn my alarm clock off. I was still exhausted from last night. ‘Wait last night … did that really happen?’ I looked over at my dresser and saw a giant Hershey kiss and the photo booth pictures and confirmed it did. I smiled to myself and went to my bathroom to take a shower.

After I got out of the shower and finished getting ready in the bathroom, I wrapped a towel around me and walked to my closet and started looking for something to wear. I heard my phone go off and saw it was a text message from Niall.

‘We thought you could show us what American southern cooking was all about =)’ and there was a picture attached. I opened up the picture and saw a picture off all the boys and him acting goofy in front of a Cracker Barrel. I laughed and texted him back ‘Where are you?’ I took my phone in the closet as I slipped into a pair of high wasted ripped jean shorts and a cute crop tank top. ‘Dowingtown?’ he answered. ‘That’s about 10 minutes from me … See u in a bit ; )’

I snuck downstairs and to my car. I didn’t feel like having my sister tag along, plus she had a game in an hour anyway. I drove towards Dowingtown and then pulled into the Cracker Barrel parking lot, parking next to a big bus I could only assume was theirs. I looked up and saw Louis and Niall making funny faces at me against the glass and I laughed and waved, turning off the car and getting out.

The bus door opened and Liam was holding on to the railing leaning out of the bus, “Good Morning! Paul is inside getting them to set up a table in the back for us, join us in here?”

I smiled and walk towards him and he gave me a hug. He smelled amazing yet somehow familiar.

“After you.” Liam said and I entered the bus and walked up the stairs with him behind me. Zayn was the first one I saw and he greeted me with a big smile and a hug. Niall and Louis came running up from the back of the bus and gave me a great big group hug.

“Glad you could join us love!” Louis said with an adorable smile. “Harry is in the back I might have spilled water down his shirt.” He gave me a sassy smile and I laughed. Just then I looked up and Harry came walking out of the back room putting a shirt over his head. I blushed a little as I noticed he was shirtless.

“Samantha! I am so glad you came!” Harry said with a huge smile.

Just then Paul knocked on the window and we all shuffled out of the bus and into the restaurant. We were escorted to the backroom that was empty. I sat in between Harry and Niall.  Zayn, Liam and Louis sat across from us. Paul sat at another table with some other people I didn’t know, probably mangers and stuff I assumed, by the entrance to the room.  We all started to look at the menu.

Niall nudged me, “What’s the best authentic southern food to get here?” he said with a smile.

I looked over his shoulder and started to point at stuff I was talking about “Well I like the chicken fried chicken but chicken fried steak is a classic! They have amazing hash brown casserole as a side. Of course biscuits and gravy is a staple piece as well as cornbread and grits.”

I smiled and he smiled back. We went around the table when the waitress came and ordered what we wanted. I got the fried chicken salad and raspberry lemonade. Niall ordered chicken fried steak with hash browns, green beans, and fried apples, and then order biscuits and gravy and grits for everyone to try.

“So are you going come hangout with us today before the show?” Louis said.

“I didn’t know I was invited,” I said sassily.

“Of course you’re invited,” Liam said.

“You can come on the bus with us and Paul can drive your car to venue” Harry said.

“Ok sounds good” I smiled.

“Awesome” Zayn said.

I smiled and took a sip of the raspberry lemonade the waitress brought me.

“Can I try that? It looks good.” Niall said.

“Of course!” I smiled and handed him the glass.

“That’s bloody amazing!”

The waitress came with the food and the boys started eating it up extremely fast.

“I didn’t know they starved you!” I said sassily.  Liam smiled and laughed. We all finished up with our lunch and walked back to the bus. Zayn phone went off and he went outside so he could hear better. Liam and Niall sat at the table and Louis sat on the couch across from them.

“Would you like a tour?” Harry said.

“Sure!” I smiled.

“This is our living room/dinning room,” he laughed and then pointed a little bit further down the bus, “and that’s our kitchen.”

“Homey!” I smiled, and then he took my hand and led me down further.

“This is our bathroom ... And in here are our bunks.”

We entered a tiny hallway that had 6 niches with curtains.

“Which one is yours?”

He pulled back the curtain to one of the bunks and there was a bed with a TV that was flipped down. On the wall were pictures.

“Is this your family?”

“Yeah that’s my mom and stepdad, that’s my sister Gemma, and that’s my dad,” he said pointing to different pictures, “These are some of my friends back home and these are some of the boys and me from traveling.”

Then he pointed to a picture I recognized, “and these are from last night.” The photo booth pictures hung on the wall right next to the ones of his friends. I smiled and he smiled back blushing a tad. He ran is hand threw his hair and then walked further down to the back of the bus where there was a wrap around couch.

“This is kind of our hang out. And that’s about it … its not much but it gets us to place to place.”

“Its very nice” I said. The bus started moving and I lost my balance, but Harry put his hands on my waist to steady me.

“You got to get use to it at first” he said with a smile. We walked up to the front and sat next to Louis and Zayn.

“Did he give you a proper tour?” Zayn asked.

“Yes, its really nice.”

“Sorry I had to take the call it was my girlfriend.”

“Oooo you have a girlfriend? What’s her name?”

“Pierre” he pulled out his phone and showed me a picture.

“She is beautiful,” I said smiling.

“Do you have a boyfriend?” Niall asked.

“No” I said and pretended not to see Louis raise his eyebrows and smirk at Harry, “Do you have a girlfriend?”

“No just Louis, Liam, and Zayn have one.”

The bus stopped and we headed off the bus. There were about 20 girls already waiting by the barriers so the boys went over to take pictures and sign stuff. I waited by the bus until I heard my name. I looked up and saw one of my sister’s friend Julie. I ran over to her and gave her a hug.

“Is Alexis here?”

“No she went last night.”

“How did you end up back there with them?” she squealed. 

“We hung out last night and they text me today to come. It’s a long story I’ll tell you later.” I hugged her and started to walk away, when I felt something cold down my back.