Chapter 6

I walked off the plane with my carry on rolling behind me. I had never been to this airport before and it is huge so I had to look for signs pointing me towards the luggage terminal. Once I arrived I immediately heard people screaming my name. Yvette and Sophia came running towards me practically knocking me off my heels.

“We missed you so much!” They screamed as I hugged them. Man I missed them so much! Yvette had cut her long red hair into a short bob and Sophia’s normally curly black hair was sleek and straight with bangs. They looked so New York!

I grabbed all of my luggage and we haled a cab to go into the city. I was so happy to see the skyline I loved so much. I fell in love with NYC when I was 12 and I made a promise to myself that I would live there one day, I wanted to be Carrie Bradshaw, with more affordable shoes! I also was extremely happy to be back with my best friends. The whole cab ride they told me about everything they have been doing and found. They told me about how they decorated my room exactly as we talked about and I was so excited to see it. I had ordered a bunch of furniture and they were nice enough to set it all up before I got there. We were really lucky that Sophia’s dad, a New York Congressman, was letting us live in his 3-bedroom apartment in the Upper East Side. Sophia was working for a TV station as an intern, and Yvette was working at an art gallery and painting on the side.

We pulled up to a beautiful apartment building; I was in shock at how beautiful it was. We went up the elevator to the top floor, and walked into our apartment. It was even more beautiful then I thought it would be. It was romantic and cozy, not modern at all, which is what I loved, and with the decorations it was amazing. I walked into my room and fell in love immediately. It was painted tiffany blue with a beautiful four-post iron bed, white dresser, desk, vanity, and side table. There was a small chandelier hanging in the middle and there were vases with light pink flowers that matched the light pink curtains.

“This is amazing,” I said hugging them “thank you so much!”

“We are glad you love it, now unpack and we will catch up over lunch.”

I unpacked most of my clothes and then decided I was too hungry to do any more work, so we walked to a little café down the street. We had some small chat, but after we ordered lunch was when the real questions set in.

“So explain these!” Sophia said holding up her phone and flipping back and forth between the pictures of Liam and I and Harry and I.

“Oh god,” I said, covering my face.

“Spill it! We want all of the details!” Yvette squealed.

“Well that one is Liam and that’s Harry, they are in a band but I presume you already know that.”

“How did you meet them?”

“I had to take my sister to the concert and happened to win backstage passes when we got there. We hung out with them and then I don’t know they invited us to the park so we went.”

“Your luck is uncanny!” Sophia chimed in.

“So anyways we had a really good time, and ended up becoming friends. They asked me to hangout the next day too.”

“Did anything happen between you and any of them?” Yvette asked.

“God no we are just friends.”

“But you like one of them.” Sophia said holding up the pictures again.

“Liam has a girlfriend and Harry is a lot younger then me.”

“He only is 4 years that’s not a huge deal, plus he dated a 32 year old before.” Sophia said very matter of fact. I looked at her like she was crazy.

“What I had to do my research, see what my best friend was up to,” she said with a smile, “So do you like one of them?”

“I mean I get butterflies and weird feelings around both of them. I mean they are all gorgeous boys anyone of them can make you feel like that! Plus they can have any girl in the world.”

“But obviously they like you, or they all wouldn’t want to hangout with you!” Yvette said, “Don’t doubt your self! I have never seen you doubt your self before.”

“Have you talked to them since the last time you saw them?” Sophia asked.

“Yeah I have texted all of them quite a bit and Liam and Niall skyped me one time and Harry and Louis another.”

They both smiled at me like little schoolgirls and I rolled my eyes at them. Our food came and we started to eat.

“So you like Liam?” Yvette asked.

“I mean if circumstances were different maybe there would be something there. He is so sweet and kind, and the most sincere eyes I have ever seen, but he has a girlfriend so I’m not even letting myself go there.”

“I think you like Harry anyway…” Sophia said with a smile.

“Harry is exciting and makes me feel like a teenage girl again. His smile is contagious and his flirting is non-stop, but that’s the problem! He flirts with everyone; I read all these stories about how he is the biggest womanizer of the group, different girl all the time because he knows he can. I don’t want to deal with that again, that’s exactly how Skyler was and that’s why I dumped him.”

Sophia sighed a little nod in agreement.

“On a more real note, I start my internship at Vogue tomorrow.” I said breaking the silence, “I am so excited!”

“Oooo how exciting!” Sophia said. We started talking about all the cool things we had planned. We finished up lunch and started walking back to the apartment. I heard my phone go off and I searched in my purse for it. ‘New Message’ read the screen. It was a text from Liam. 

‘We have a show tonight and Im not sure how early ur planning going to bed so I wanted to say GOOD LUCK on ur 1st day tomorrow!!! xxx’

“AWWWWWWWWWWWWWW” I heard and realized Sophia and Yvette were looking over my shoulders. I laughed and rolled my eyes walking into our apartment building.