Chapter Five

Edited (again...!!)

When we reached the table, Richie was sitting there tapping his foot and cleaning his glasses. "Hey. I got you a brownie and an apple.. Just in case you changed your mind about eating" I said, my words fading out. Everyone sat down, letting their trays fall onto the table. I looked over at Richie, who grabbed the apple and took a bite.

When lunch was coming to an end, we threw away our lunch and went to the lockers. "Richie and I will see you guys after school?" I asked, and everyone nodded except for Stanley who pretended to clear his throat and looked at us with an expectingly. I held Richie's hand and we went our separate ways except Richie and I who walked to class.

When we got in the class we disconnected hands. I looked around to see a substitute in the class. I grabbed my inhaler and pressed down, breathing in. I hated substitutes, and they hate me. When I raise my hand for every question, they start to get annoyed but I can't help it when everyone else is trying to look up the answer but I already know it.

"Calm down, Eds" Richie said I sighed. The teacher caught a glimpse of us holding hands when we walked in, and I could tell she already hated us both. We sat down and the teacher got up, handing out papers to everyone.

"Your teacher said this test is going to be taken today. Good luck" she said. I grabbed my pencil and wrote my name at the top. "Don't forget to write your name" I whispered in Richie's ear. He always forgot to do that. "No talking. What's your name?" the teacher asked with a strong voice. I looked up, seeing her eyes on me.

"E- Eddie" I stuttered. Richie watched the entire thing as nervousness swirled in my stomach. I tried to get my inhaler out but instead I dropped it. Richie picked it up and took off the cover on the mouth part. He put it in my mouth and I grabbed it. "Sir, He can do things on his own. What's your name?!" She raised her voice at Richie.

"Richie Tozier. If you're giving me detention, make sure to put it as after school. I've already had a lunch detention. And Tozier is spelled T-O-Z-I-E-R" he said making everyone chuckle. I smiled and looked at him. "You both earned yourself afterschool detention!" she yelled and Richie shrugged.

I put my inhaler to my mouth, pressing down, and breathing in. We continued our test.

There's something about Richie that makes me question; he makes it like he doesn't care about anything, but what does he feel like in the inside?

A/N: Its like 12:03 AM where I live and I'm tired. Hope you guys are enjoying this story so far.