Chapter Eleven

Edited.!

When 7PM came by, we all went home, but I stayed behind. I wasn't ready to go home just yet. After about 10 minuets the front door opened revealing Richies mom. "Richie Tozier!" His mom yelled and Richie rolled his eyes.

"Why the hell are you skipping school?!! You do this almost every Friday?!" His mom yelled and came into the living room. I unzipped my fanny pack and grabbed my inhaler, putting it to my mouth and pressing down breathing in. "Can we do this later, Mom? Eddie is here and in case you don't know, he has asthma and hates yelling!" He fired back.

His mom pointed at the room and he got up and walked in with his mom following here. She closed the door and I walked up to the door, listening.

"You skip almost every Friday of school!!"
"I'm sorry! School is hard and I don't ever wanna be there!!"
"You don't ever wanna be anywhere!!"
"Because I haven't lived a proper childhood!!"
"Don't tell me what a proper childhood is!!"
"You are never there for me!! My friends are the ones who took care of me!! I don't even know you!! I wanted to tell you I was dating Eddie but then you just ignore-"

(Edit: that made no sense? Anygays, just try and... make sense of that.)

She slapped him. Silence.

"Get your shit and get out of my house.. if you don't know me, then I don't know you. So you're not my child" His mom said and I ran back to the couch and acted like I wasn't listening. I put my inhaler to my mouth and pressed down multiple times as fast as I could to stop myself from hyperventilating.

"Hey Eddie" he said and walked over to me. He eyes had tears in them, but he tried to pull them back from falling. "I heard what happened.." I said and looked up at him. I stood up, grabbed his hand, and we walked up the stairs.

We spent 25-30 minuets packing some of his stuff. He figured he'd just climb through his window if he needed to come back for something. When he finished, we rushed downstairs. "You can come back Monday if you want. But every weekend I don't wanna see your face" his mom said and moved so we could get out of the house.

When we got out we walked silently to a park. "Go home, Eddie.." Richie said breaking the silence. "No. Not until I know you're gonna be okay" I said. He looked at me and I hugged him, gently, and he cried. He took his glasses off and kept crying on my shoulder. I loosened my grip on him like he'd break if I held him too hard.

"It's gonna be okay.." I said and rubbed his back. "Nothings gonna be okay!! Nothing's okay!! Nothing!! I don't wanna be alive!!" He yelled and wouldn't stop. I moved him so he was looking at me. "I promise it'll be okay.."

I promise.