Chapter Ten

Edited

"Richie.." I said, causing him to look up at me. "It's fine Eddie. I'm used to it" he said and smiled. Before he chuckled. "What's so funny?!" I asked. "It's funny how worried you are about me" he said and we both stared into each other's eyes. "Maybe if we act like a better couple we'll get $40" I said and we both leaned in.

Richie scooted up a little and soon enough, his lips were on mine and what did I do? I kissed back. I was about to put my hand on his cheek until the door knob started to turn so Richie backed up and we acted like we were just talking.

"Hey guys" Stanley said and sat next to me cross legged. "Hey" Richie spoke, but my face was probably glowing red. "Guys Cmon we're gonna watch TV downstairs!! Remember it's Friday!" Beverly said and we all got up. Friday is the day our favorite TV show comes on that's why we skip Friday a lot.

"Peach chapstick?" Richie whispered in my ear and my face was burning. I hit his arm, but all he did was laugh. We walked to the living room and everyone looked at me. "Damn, Eddie, what happened?" Ben asked.

(Edit: I really tried being original with peach chapstick?? What was wrong with me??)

"He's just a little boy. Right mamas boy?" Richie teased and I slapped his arm again. We sat down on the corner of the couch and I leaned onto Richie. He started messing with my hair which really relaxed me.

I turned my head so I was looking at Richie and he looked at me, our noses touching. We both looked back at the TV after some time.

After the show finished Stanley and Billy stood up. "Richie and Eddie. We want to change the bet" Stanley said and Richie stopped messing with my hair.

"It depends how" Richie says. "How about, Bill and I act like a couple and you two keep acting like a couple and whoever can be a fake couple better will get the thirty dollars? I mean it's most likely we can win easily though" Stanley said.

"Nu uh!! I can be ten times a better boyfriend than you ever can!!" Richie yelled. "S-s-do do we have a d-d-deal?" Billy stuttered. Richie and I looked at each other for what felt like forever. "Deal" we said at the same time.

What. Did. We. Just. Do.

_______________________________

A/N: I know this was short but I didn't wanna end up making this chapter 2000 words.

Edit: what was the point of that?