Chapter Fifteen

Eddie's POV:

*The school dance*

"Bill! Are you even ready yet?" I yelled down and soon Bill appeared from around the corner with a plain black button- up and black jeans and a tie. "Y- Y- Yeah. I- I- I was w- w- waiting for y- you" Bill stuttered out. I looked at my hair again and Stanley walked in. "Dude, that's like the 50th time you checked your hair" Stanley said and I gave him a death glare. "My inhaler.." I said and held it in my hand. "You can go one night without it, Eddie" Stanley said and they walked out but I put the inhaler in my pocket. 

--

When we got there, I looked around the gym and Richie in suit. (The one he wore in Stranger Things at the snow ball ^-^ The black one) Bill and Stanley went somewhere and I grabbed my inhaler and pressed down while breathing in. I put in back and walked over to Richie.

"Hey" I said and Richie looked at me. "Oh Hey. I didn't you to actually come" he said and looked at me up and down. "My eyes are up here" I said and he blushed. Yeah.. Sorry" he said and I held my hand out and he grabbed it and I helped him up. When I got him up, we danced for a while, him helping me at points. 

After 45 minutes we decided to take a break. "I'm going to get us some drinks" Richie said and smiled and I nodded and let go of his hand. He took off his gauze tape so all you could see was where the cut was and how long it was. 

I waited a few minutes before going to where the drinks were to see Betty talking to Richie and Richie looked uncomfortable. Betty kept walking towards him and Richie would step away. Betty touched him arm and Richie slapped her hand away. 

I stepped by Richie and Betty looked at me. "Richie is mine in case you didn't know!" I raised my voice.  "Excuse me" she said in a sassy voice. "Stay away from Richie! Richie doesn't like you! Take a hint would you?!" I almost yelled by then. Richie and I walked away leaving her just standing there. 

"Eds, you didn't have to do that.." he said and I smiled while pulling him to the dance floor and I put my hands on his shoulders and he put his hands around my waist. "I did it because she wouldnt leave you alone and you looked so.. uncomfortable"I said. All of a sudden the music stopped and everyone looked at the stage to see Bowers smirking at me and Richie. 

"I hope you and Richie enjoy your relationship" he said and Richie looked at me. "Richie is just so immature sometimes! He can't take care of himself! Why him out of everybody else in this group?!" Me in the video said. The video was me and Ben I realized hen I said that a few weeks ago. "I don't like him like that and I never will. He's like a child that needs to grow up" and with that the video turned off and Richie shook his head. "How do you feel about that, Richie boy?!" Henry yelled in the mic and everyone looked at us. 

"I hope you're happy that today is the last day of the month anyways.." Richie says and walks away leaving me. The music turned back on and I grabbed my inhaler and pressed down but nothing came out. I shook it and tried again but nothing came out. I started hyperventilating before Bill, Stanley, and Beverly came. "Eddie! Calm down down!" They all said but I couldn't. "W- W- Where's the other bottles?" Bill yelled. "My s-second fanny pack in my locker.. 34-65 is the number combo" I said while still hyperventilating. Stanley and Bill ran out of the gym and thats all I could remember until I finally got my inhaler and I was able to breath properly.

"Where did Richie go?" Beverly asked and we all ran out the building and saw Richie hop on his bike and we all got on our bike quickly but he was far ahead.

Richie's POV:

I should've ended it sooner.. This is what I get for accepting a deal. Why am I crying over this anyway? It was all fake.. But what really hurt is that he was my friend since I was 7 and he goes behind my back and says that about me?

I reached the hospital and ran in, going to the elevator and clicking the 'Roof' button. Tears ran down my cheeks and I walked out of the elevator when I got to the roof. I went to the edge and the wind hit me as if I could blow away with the wind any second now. 

When I got the edge I heard another ding from the elevator and I turned around to see Eddie, Beverly, Stanley, and Bill. I stood at the edge before   falling backwards and feeling the wind go against me, soon I felt a large hit in my back before everything went blurry. 

Eddie's POV: 

Tears ran down my face as I looked over the edge along with everyone else. I saw what I didn't wanna see. Richie was on the grass, eyes closed. It was in the back of the hospital so nobody saw. "W- We have to bring him into the hospital but we cant tell the truth or they'll send Richie to a mental hospital!!" I yelled and they all nodded as we all ran to the elevator and more and more tears kept falling from my face. 

Why does he hate himself so much? It wasn't JUST because of me. There IS more too it. But what?

A/N: RICHIE ISNT DEAD SO PLEASE DONT STOP READING!