8. Brothers For Life

----------

-----------

-----------

Hozier - Arsonist's Lullaby

"All you have is your fire
And the place you need to reach
Don't you ever tame your demons
But always keep them on a leash."

ELENA AND ALARIC WERE WALKING THROUGH THE TUNNEL IN THE OLD LOCKWOOD CELLAR. It was particularly quiet as Elena shined her flashlight around the wet and dusty tunnel. "So, the Lockwoods really have no idea that these tunnels are underneath their property?" the human girl asked.

"Careful where you shine that thing," Alaric instructed. "Bats hate the light."

Elena nodded then caught onto what he was saying and widened her eyes. "Wait, what?"

"Elena!" Damon whispered from behind. She turned around and saw him standing like a demon in the light. "Boo!"

"Ah!" she gasped loudly jumping from fright. "God, Damon!"

Damon just smirked. "Scaredy-cat," he mused as Holden walked over to him with a bored face. Damon had informed his emotion full brother about the tunnel Mason led him to.

"Just ignore this idiot," Holden told Elena before nodding to his human friend, who smirked at Damon's grimace.

"That's what I do," Ric commented so Damon just rolled his eyes.

They continued walking as Elena shined her flashlight to the Salvatore brothers, who both narrowed their eyes from the light. "So, you really can't get in?"

"No. Seems even the ancient Lockwoods were anti-vampire," Damon answered as Holden furrowed his eyebrows. He hadn't seen what was inside and why Damon was so interested in that.

"What do you mean, ancient?" the younger one asked in confusion.

Damon gestured all of them to go forward. "See for yourself," he said and they all walked further into the tunnels until finally reaching a cave with drawings on the walls. Holden wanted to walk in but an invisible barrier couldn't let him. "Yep. Definitely anti-vampire."

Holden stopped to glare at Damon as Elena and Alaric walked inside. The girl shined her flashlight on the walls with the drawings. "What's all this?" she asked.

"Well, as far as I can tell, it's a story. In simple, archaeological terms, it's a really, really old story," Alaric said as he pointed to a wall. "That right there, is the moon cycle," pointing to another one, "A man, a wolf."