5. The Hunted

-----------

-----------

Chase Atlantic - Friends

"Face it
You want it, you crave it
Believe when I say that you'll know once you taste us."

HOLDEN WAS STILL NOT REALLY OVER THE WHOLE LOOSING CONTROL THING. As much as Izzie, even Damon told him to chill, he still felt guilty. More so that Izzie saw him like that.

So when the next day came, Holden locked himself in his room. But not for long. Damon broke the door and walked in like that. Holden was sitting on a chair, just thinking. "You know this lock only holds Izzie out and quite thinking  she would be able to walk in as well," Damon commented dully as Holden glanced at him with a bored look.

"It's great to know I don't get to have any personal space in my house," Holden told Damon, but to Holdie's surprise Damon didn't laugh. He even seemed worried and more. "What happened?"

Damon sighed. "Can you call Izzie?" he asked, hoping that she wasn't answering Damon's calls just because she was teasing him.

"Why?" Holden questioned Damon, getting quite worried because Damon seemed to be really concerned.

"Cause she left after I went to see Elena to ask her what was happening with her boyfriend," Damon snickered as Holden furrowed his eyebrows before taking his phone into his hands. "Stefan is hiding something."

Holden rolled his eyes at Damon's old paranoia and pressed a button to call Izzie before putting the phone to his ear. It rang a few times before someone, definitely not Izzie, picked up. "Hello, Holden," Connor's voice rang and Holden instantly tensed before shooting a look at Damon, who sneered under his breath.

"Connor, where is Izzie?" Holden asked angrily as he could hear a girl crying in the background, but it didn't sound as Izzie, because Izzie was trying to calm down whoever was panicking so much.

"Give me my phone back!" Izzie shouted from the other side as Holden stood up forcefully, the chair he was sitting on falling down. Holden motioned for Damon to follow him as the two met Elena in the corridor.

The girl stared at them in confusion as Holden and Damon passed her and went into the living room. "I have hostages at the Grill," Connor said calmly as Elena reached the brothers. She wanted to talk but Damon shook his head at her. "Now, I told your brother this already, and now I'll tell you. I will kill all the hostages at sundown."

And then Damon received a text message before reading the same words Connor had just said to Holden. "I hope you got it," the hunter said before hanging up.