23. Graduated And In Love

-----------

-----------

City and Colour - We Found Each Other In The Dark

"So bright, the flames burned in our hearts,
That we found each other in the dark."

HOLDEN WANTED JUST ONE SINGLE DAY WHERE HE COULD BE AT PEACE. But with his life it was never the case. Elena got her emotions back and that was okay, but then Izzie left, causing Damon to become very angry.

Roles were switched and now Damon was furious at Holden for letting that happen even if Holden didn't know. Damon didn't believe Holden when the latter told him that he didn't know Allison would come and force Izzie to go with her.

So the next day, all Holden could do was sit with Stefan and Lexi in the parlor. Lexi was dancing to a Bon Jovi song as Stefan drank some bourbon straight from the bottle while slumped on the couch.

Stefan turned his head at his older brother, who stared ahead of him with a brooding face before Lexi approached him. "Come on, Holden, dance!" she exclaimed and then Damon entered the room with a confused face.

"Damon!" Stefan smirked widely. "Help me celebrate my 17th high school graduation," he said so Damon turned the music off. He was in no mood to party. "Hey, you remember my friend, Lexi, of course?"

Damon grimaced at the blonde. "Lexi, back from the dead. Goody," he commented dully before Lexi vamp-ran at Damon and pinned him against the wall with a hand over his neck.

Holden only rolled his eyes. "What's up, buzzkill?" Lexi questioned Damon angrily.

"Stefan, you're just gonna sit there and let her enact her ghostly revenge?" Damon gasped out as Stefan smirked, not moving an inch.

"You reap what you sow, brother," he said so Holden chuckled calmly causing Damon to glare at Holden harshly.

"You, shut up!"

"Don't talk to Holdie like that," Lexi banged his head against the wall so Damon sneered. "That girl is better without you anyway. Let's be very clear: whatever time I have left here, I sure as hell don't plan on wasting on you. You got me?"

Damon pursed his lips. "Yeah. Got ya," he mused so Lexi finally released him so he gasped in for air before backing away from the wall. "So if you and Ric and little Gilbert are all flesh-like and real-seeming, that means something went horribly wrong when Bonnie tried to put that veil up. And here you three are, having dance party USA."