20. 1920's

-----------

-----------

Iron & Wine - Flightless Bird, American Mouth

"Have I found you?
Flightless bird, brown hair bleeding
Or lost you?
American Mouth.
Big bill, stuck going down."

IZZIE WOKE UP WITH A SMILE ON HER FACE. She stretched her body before hearing a loud and not accidentally caused bang in her room. Holden shut the door loudly so she raised her head up to see him staring at her angrily.

He's never been so furious with her and Izzie had no idea how Holden was when he was angry with someone. She felt bad for doing so, but the thrill of living in Mystic Falls was not leaving her mind since Damon planted that thought inside her head. "Before you start yelling, Holden..." she started but he just glared at her.

Izzie sighed deeply before Damon managed to walk in. He was looking weak with a stake in his stomach. She widened her eyes before rushing out of bed and wanting to rush towards Damon, but Holden caught her by her waist and pushed her away from reaching Damon. "No," he roared as Damon took the stake out before smirking at the girl.

"It's fine, nothing I can't take," Damon told her as Holden turned around before punching Damon in the face. Izzie knew it was all just Holden letting his anger out.

And it was true in a way. He felt good punishing Damon for making Izzie come to Mystic Falls, even though she wanted this herself. It was just Elena's words in his head and their kiss and how she just left after admitting her feelings. Holden was happy at first but all he felt afterwards was fury. And Damon happened to increase it. "Take my fist," Holden sneered at his brother as Damon moved his jaw back to its place as he rolled his eyes.

"Holden, I came here all by myself," Izzie stated as Holden scoffed before glancing at her with a tired and hurt look. "I heard that Alaric Saltzman is having a mental breakdown and that he needs help."

Damon nodded his head. "Ric isn't drinking Bonnie's herbs, Holdie," he commented and even hearing Damon's voice made Holden's blood boil.

"Don't call me that," Holden snapped before walking over to Izzie's luggage. "Did you really bring all of your stuff?!"

Damon chuckled as he stood behind Izzie, who crossed her arms over her chest and nodded bravely. "Why are you doing this? Come on, Iz," Holden sighed and for a second Izzie wanted to lose her brave girl mask and hug him. She missed Holden and hated the fight that they were having. But also she wanted to show that she was capable of dealing with problems without him.