22. Silas

-----------

-----------

RY X - Berlin

"Tell me I'm not going home
And I'll stop waiting by the phone."

ELENA WALKED INTO HOLDEN'S ROOM TO FIND HIM DOING PUSH UPS. The girl paused before leaning on the doorframe, observing the one, who made her turn it on. "Good morning, Elena," he said not even looking her way as she mused before walking in.

Holden stood up and faced her. "Killing Katherine still on your mind?" he questioned curiously as Elena crossed her arms over her chest before shrugging.

"If you call killing plunging my hand into her heart and ripping out then yeah," she answered as Holden looked at her with slight amusement. "You know you could help me..."

Holden knew exactly what Elena was doing. He chuckled dryly. "Stefan turned you down so you come to me? I'm sorry, I don't work that way," he answered taking his shirt off as Elena watched. He glanced at her with a smug look. "Anything else, Miss Gilbert?"

"No, I guess," she whispered dully before leaving the room as Holden sighed deeply. His phone then rang so he saw that Izzie was calling. Holden pursed his lips. The two were still not talking to each other since she told Holden she was in love with Damon. But slowly, deep down Holden was coming to terms. He had his doubts but what if Damon wasn't the worst thing for Izzie?

"Yes," Holden answered the call as he stared ahead of him, listening to what Izzie had to say.

"Okay, so Damon and I are in the hospital since Sheriff Forbes called. I think you should come too," Izzie said quickly as Holden could hear a hint of sneer in her voice.

Holden rolled his eyes expressively. "What do you two need from me? he questioned angrily as he could hear Damon talking to Sheriff.

"Just come and see for yourself, Jesus," Izzie snapped before hanging up the phone. Holden groaned before putting on another shirt.

HOLDEN MET STEFAN NEAR THE DOOR AS THE TWO ENTERED THE HOSPITAL TO MEET DAMON AND IZZIE. Stefan glanced at the new couple then Holden, who held a small grimace on his face.

Police tapes were put across the doorway as policemen surrounded the reception area. "You two just missed the doughnuts," Damon smirked dully as Stefan breathed out.

"Yeah, I was with Elena for a while, burning off a few thousand hate-filled calories," Stefan joked dryly as he looked around. "By the way, Holden, what happened with you helping me?"