7. Sired

-----------

-----------

Jessie Ware - Say You Love Me

"Cause I don't wanna fall in love
If you don't wanna try
But all that I've been thinking of
Is maybe that you might
And, babe, it looks as though we're running out of words to say
And love's floating away."

HOLDEN WALKED INTO HIS HOUSE TO SEE STEFAN AND DAMON LOOKING AT EACH OTHER. "Please don't tell me that you're still working with Klaus," Damon sighed deeply so Holden gave Damon a small glare.

"Didn't you hear? Elena and he broke up," Holden spoke so Stefan clenched his jaw before turning to look at Holden, who didn't show much emotion.

Elena herself told Holden that when he went to check on her the other night. He didn't feel as thrilled as he thought he would and knew that most of it had to do with him. "Oh. Got it," it was hard for Damon not to smirk while looking at Holden. "So, apparently, if we want to find the cure, we have to find a vampire hunter who can kill enough vampires to reveal the map on the hunter's mark," he explained. "Now, unless we want Jeremy to go all Connor two-point-oh, I suggest we find a different hunter."

Stefan furrowed his eyebrows. "Okay. And?"

"And I was gonna ask Professor Shane, but turns out he's shadier than you are," Damon told Stefan before pausing.

"What makes you think that?" Holden asked curiously as Damon rolled his eyes. He was still mad about the whole Izzie thing.

Turning to Holden, Damon stared at him. "Matt Donovan, and yes, Holden, Matt Donovan connected him and the Pastor through phone records," Damon explained further as Holden listened intently. "Apparently, the two were very chatty the day that the Pastor blew up the Council."

"Ah," Stefan mused dully as both older brothers glanced at him. "So you're gonna confront Shane, threaten him, possibly kill him, that sort of thing."

"Yeah," Holden trailed off with a small smirk that really irritated Stefan.

"No, unless he tells me what he's up to," Damon then patted Stefan on the shoulder. "What do you say? Should we tag team this?"

"I thought you preferred Holdie as your team mate? The one, who has control?" Stefan bit Damon and Holden at the same time so Holden glared at them.

"He's angry at me."

Stefan rolled his eyes before walking away from Damon. "Or we could just blow it off and go get drunk," Damon told Stefan as Stefan stopped next to Holden.