17. Once, In New York

-----------

-----------

Harry Styles - Kiwi

"Driving me crazy, but I'm into it, but I'm into it
I'm kind of into it
It's getting crazy."

ELENA WAS WALKING BESIDES HOLDEN. She had never been in New York before and she would've definitely enjoyed that if her emotions weren't turned off.

The street they were walking was filled with people, all rushing around while Holden turned around at Elena to smirk. "Is that why you dragged me? Cause you feel nostalgic?" she finally spoke, catching up with him.

Holden smiled to himself as he looked around. "I dragged you here because in a span of three days you managed to annoy the whole town," he commented with a look as Elena glanced at him dully. "And yes... I do feel kind of nostalgic."

The female then stopped walking and so did Holden. "I was just hungry, Holden," she defended with a small shrug. "Or as you'd say reckless."

"Listen... After I turned I came here and fed like crazy," Holden mused, remembering those times. Elena didn't really care about that. "But that's another story for another time. I want to show you something."

"You know it's kinda hard to believe in you. You always pretend it's just for fun, and then something uncovers, where you're the one, who lied," Elena commented crossing her arms over her chest.

Holden looked down with a laugh as Elena stared at him with no particular emotion. "I thought you don't care?" he asked so she raised her eyebrow up. "Come on, Elena. I just want to show you my bar."

"Your what?"

"I had a bar in here. Shocker, I know," Holden smirked before he started to walk away. "And if you're a good girl... We can get a snack even later."

Elena finally smiled and nodded her head as the two started walking.

After Elena left to go somewhere, Holden stood in the street as his phone rang. He saw that Stefan was calling before he rolled his eyes and answered the phone, looking around for Elena. "Why are you two in New York?" Stefan immediately questioned.

Holden furrowed his eyebrows, wondering how Stefan knew. "Who told you?" he questioned dully as he looked around for Elena.

"You should be more discrete to Damon then," Stefan hissed, because he hated the idea of Holden being alone in a huge city with an emotionless Elena.