Plan I: Don't Be Late

ITS BEEN FOREVER!! So sorry I took so long again. School kept me busy and I haven't written in a while, buuut I'm back! Also, I'm not ditching this story, don't worry my fellow cookies!

^^^ the song up there is so cute! You should totally listen to it 😆😆

ENJOY! *throws hot chocolate and biscuits at you* Hope you enjoy!

*Alice's POV*

Late. So late. So very late.

First period already started ten minutes ago and I was still busy getting my supplies out of my locker. The locker that was inconveniently on the opposite side of the school where none of my classes were.

I hold onto my literature textbook firmly against my chest as I hastily make my way down the hall.

I pull a hand through my blonde strands trying to smooth the stubborn bumps that wouldn't stop poking out. I didn't have time to make my hair properly this morning, being that my mom woke us up late purposely.

Apparently, she wanted to test if we would wake up without an alarm clock or without someone shouting our names.

Of course, we failed. We're all deep sleepers and she knows that.

Even so, she deliberately let us fail. If dad didn't wake us up we'd probably sleep the day away.

And that is why I'm currently speeding towards my English classroom. I stop when I reach the door remembering who I shared the class with. Rainbow.

Flipping carrots. I look like a mess right now! I really don't need him seeing me like this. I didn't even have time to brush my teeth... I better keep my mouth closed.

This is the first time that I'm kind of hoping he's not here today.

I sigh and enter the classroom, gaining everyone's gaze towards me. My lips twitch upward forming an awkward smile. I take a cursory glance at Anthony's seat before averting my eyes to the wall.

He's here.

I mentally cover my face. Don't look at me....

"You're late," Miss Lyon states.

Yes, yes, I'm very much aware.

"Sorry," I mumble, barely opening my mouth.

She waves her hands dismissively. "No worries, take a seat."

I nod and she continues to teach.

Pressing my lips together, I turn towards my row in the middle. I try looking away from Anthony, but my selfish eyes betray me and do what they want.

"Hey," he greets, his lips curved into a smile.

Oof. There goes the giddy butterflies in my stomach.

"H-hi," I wave and quickly take my seat behind him, opening my textbook.

Why am I being so nervous? Yesterday when he was over I was way more chill. Yesterday was a dream. Obviously.

"Page forty-three," Anthony whispers, slightly turning his head so I could hear. "By the way, I handed in our intro and first chapter."

"Thanks," I say my voice low.

He turns his head back to the front and begins to doodle. I focus my attention on Miss Lyon, tuning in on her lesson about rising action.

A few moments later the bell rings signaling next period. "Chapter two and three in your stories are due next Friday." Miss Lyon says before dismissing us.