Updated

Mal's POV:

"You're married. Morgan's married." I looked at my sister. "Everyone's married and I'm single."

"You could be in a relationship if you're head wasn't so far up your"

"Brianna." My dad said.

She laughed. "I was gonna stop myself. But seriously Mal. You had someone who really cared about you, and you just let her go."

"She didn't love me."

"You two were together for like 2 months! You think every relationship starts with you two loving each other? No! Sometimes it does, but other times you eventually and slowly start to fall for that person. And it's a scary thing, but then you realize how special they are to you, and suddenly falling is the scary thing anymore. Being without them is. So look me in the eyes right now and tell me that you're ok with breaking up with Y/N because I know you're not."

I looked down. 

"Thought so." She got up and walked away.

Your POV:

"Well. Not bad for your first day." He smiled and looked at the paperwork. "Most people would struggle with it, but you powered through it."

"I'm committed to this internship. I'm here and ready to learn."

My phone rang. "You take that. Meet me upstairs when you're done."

"Yes, sir." I smiled and answered my phone. "Hello?"

"Y/N. How's Chicago."

"Pretty good." I smiled. "Doing good things over here."

"Same over here. So Mal still loves you. And she's not ok." Brianna said. "So I think it's time. I'm gonna have her talk to you. Few days. You two need to talk."

"She's too pissed at me to talk."

"She is. That's why I said a few days." She said. "She's starting to cool off, I'll text you, keep you updated."

"Alright." I took a deep breath. "Thanks Brianna." 

She said bye and hung up. I put my phone back in my pocket and went upstairs. 

"Ready to work?"

"Always." I smiled.