Guaranteed

Mal's POV:

I sat at my locker. "There you are!" I looked up. "I saw Y/N out there. She's looking for you." 

"I'm not in the mood Christen." I looked down. 

She sighed. "What's going on Mal? Talk to me." She rubbed my back. 

"I can't take you seriously when you're wearing the jersey of a team we just beat." I smirked. 

She looked down. "We are talking after ok?"

"Ok." 

Your POV:

I walked around the venue. "Where are we going?" Oliver asked.

"Mal's here somewhere. She has to be." I looked around.

"Yeah of course she is. The team hasn't left you. Follow up question, do you even understand Spanish?" 

I looked at him. "No?"

"Yeah, of course you don't." He looked at the sign. "You're going the wrong way. Locker rooms are to the left. Not right." 

"I knew that." He nodded. "I was just taking in the sights." 

We walked towards the locker room. Security stopped us but Oliver told them we were with team USA.

"Well. Here we are." He said. I started walking. "Ok seriously? You really don't understand the basics of Spanish?"

"What did I do?"

"That's Spain's locker room you dingus!" 

"Really?" I looked. "Huh. How about that."

"Did you not take a language in high school?"

"I took French!" 

"Why?"

"Because I like French fries." I mumbled.

"What?"

"You heard me! You jerk." The door opened. "Son of a Christen Press!" I jumped. 

The girl looked at us. 

"You're not Christen Press." I smiled. 

"No." 

Oliver started talking to her. She pointed to the opposite direction. He said something and she laughed. 

"What did you say?"

"I said we know where to go my cousin's just an idiot." 

I rolled my eyes. "You're a dick." I looked at the player. "Thank you?"

"Jenni." She put her hand out. 

"Thanks." I shook her hand. "Good luck with everything." She smiled. 

"Good luck with Mal." I stared at her. She pointed to her jersey. 

"Damn it Press." 

Oliver spoke to her and then we left. 

"What?" I looked at him. 

"That was Jenni Hermoso!"

"And?" 

"How are you dating a soccer player and know nothing about the sport?"

"Because I'm not dating her because she's a soccer player. And I don't know anything about ANY sports. They seem stressful and I'm already stressed enough as it is." I walked away.

Mal's POV:

"And yeah."

Christen stared at me. "So she wants to join the Marines?" I nodded. "And you don't want to lose her?"

"Pretty much."

"So what's the issue?" Kelley asked with a mouth full of food. We turned to her. "I'm confused. She enlists you lose her, she doesn't you still lose her?" She swallowed her food and took a deep breath. "Mal. If she wants to do this, what's the problem?"

"She'll be gone. And what if something happens to her!"

"Have you not seen what's happening in this country Mal?" Kelley asked. "Something could happen to her when she walks down the street, goes to the movies, mall, bar, anywhere. No one is guaranteed safety. The one thing that is guaranteed? That girl loves you and do you really think she wouldn't fight like hell to make sure that she got back home to you?"

Almost fought at a wake last night. You know. The usual things you do at a wake.