Miss Her

April 2019

Mal's POV:

I sat in the locker room before the game against Australia. There was a lot on my mind besides the game. 

I'd be seeing Y/N soon.

*January*

I sat on Y/N's bed as she stood in front of me. "You thought about it?"

"Yeah. I called some people I worked with, went for a walk, cleared my mind and then sat here for a while and thought about it."

"And?"

"I still want to do this Mal." I stood up. "Please don't leave."

"I'm not gonna leave, Y/N." I turned to her. "What does this mean?"

"When I was in Chicago I met with a recruiter. I can call him but I want to talk to you first." 

"It's your life, Y/N. If you want to do this, I'm not gonna stop you. Will I worry? Of course. But you know I'll always support and love you." I hugged her. I felt her kiss the top of my head. 

"I'll call him real quick and then we'll enjoy our last few days in Spain. Ollie is really excited to show us around."

"I'm excited too."

*Present Day*

"Mal?" I looked at Tobin. "Ready?"

"Yeah. Let's do this." 

I walked out towards the field and went to the bench.

"I feel a big game for you." Press smiled.

"I don't know if my heads in it."

"Relax Troy Bolton." Sam said.

We laughed. 

At halftime, we were tied 1-1. Australia quickly got the lead, a few minutes later Tobin scored.

"Yes!" Press stood up. 

"Cute." I smiled when she sat back down. 

"Shut up you."  

In the 60th minute, it was 3-2. We were in the lead.

"Mal," Jill called me. "I want you in for Megan. Shut them down. Finish this."

"Got it." 

Megan ran over and I was in the game. 

No one's POV:

Mal got the ball from Sonnett and quickly scored her first goal of the game. She looked up and smiled. Her teammates surrounded her. "There we go Mal!" Press hugged her.

Minutes later, Sam Kerr would score making it a 1 goal game again. 

Mal's POV:

We were in stoppage time. Naeher sent a long ball in and I ran for it. I saw the keeper off her line and chipped it over. 

Everything felt like slow motion. I watched the ball sail into the net and felt all the weight off my shoulders. "GAME OVER!" Carli ran to me. "There we go!" 

I looked up at the ground. I knew my parents were there.

Y/N wasn't.

I sat in the locker room after the game and played with my phone. 

"Great game today Mal. Play that hard in France and we'll definitely win the cup." Rose smiled. 

"Thanks." I laughed.

"You ok?" Alex asked.

"I just miss her." I whispered.

"How much longer?"

"Few more weeks." I sighed. "Even then who knows."

"It's gonna work out Mal." She smiled. "You know that." 

I packed up my stuff and left. I saw my parents and walked over. "Great game honey." My mom hugged me.

"Yeah, those goals? You're too much. France watch out." My dad laughed. "You ok?"

"I just miss Y/N." 

"I know sweetie. A few more weeks." My mom smiled.