Drinking Buddies

Mal's POV:

Y/N has been a little off since her party. I knew it had to do with her mom, but I didn't want to push her. She'd talk when she was ready. 

She was finishing up her semester at UCLA and I was focusing on my season with Washington.

"MAL!" I looked at Rose.

"What."

"Hi." She walked away. 

"Weird." Andi sighed. "Anything from Y/N?"

"No. I texted her to let her know that when she wants to talk I'm here. Whatever happened with her mom she's really upset about it."

"She'll come around, Mal. The life she had? The pain won't go away overnight."

Your POV:

I sat in the bar holding my 3rd beer. 

"And she thinks she can just fucking waltz in and be my mom? Uh, no honey. You're 21 years late." 

"Wow. I love Y/N with alcohol." Brianna Decker laughed. 

Some of the hockey players weren't that bad. They're good drinking buddies.

"Decks." Kacey sighed. "Look. I know it sucks, but drinking like this? Is it really helping?"

"If I knew you were the reasonable one I wouldn't have invited you."

"Sorry kid." Decker smiled. "Me and her? We are a package deal. You want me? Kacey comes too." 

"And her?" I pointed to Duggan.

"Decker isn't responsible. Kacey can't handle her alone."

My phone rang. "It's your girlfriend. Again." Kacey smirked. "Here's a wild idea that just came to me. Why don't you oh I don't know, answer it this time!"

I picked up my phone. "I don't like you." 

"I don't care." 

"Yes, you do." Decker said taking a sip of her beer. 

I walked outside and answered the phone. "Hello."

"Hey. I texted you."

"I know. I saw them."

"How are you doing?"

"I'm fine." I said. "I really don't wanna talk about this."

"You'll have to eventually, Y/N. It's not good to bottle it up." 

"Worked for me this long. I'll be fine, Mal."

"Y/N. Don't push me away again. Please."

"I have finals coming up. I'll talk to you when I'm done." I said bye and hung up. "Fuck." I sighed.

I walked back in. "I'm gonna call it a night." I reached for my wallet.

"Don't worry about it." Kacey grabbed my hand. "I got it tonight." She put the money for my drinks and hers. "Let's get you home so you can get some much-needed sleep."

Mal's POV:

"Just give her time, Mal." I sighed holding my phone. "She'll come around."

I hope.

I've been working on a script for a movie and I kind of want to turn it into a story and post it on here. Is anyone interested in that? Also, I wrote a short story for my creative writing class, I might post that on here as well if everyone is interested in that.