✉ 화법 (narration) ✉

day by day, kang nari's condition is getting worse. but she never lose her courage and will to live despite of the daily throbbing pain of her head, her blurry vision, and her seizures. she kept her word about writing him letters. she had sent 18 letters and still got no reply. but she didn't mind at all.

"eonni," she calls to choi rim who's busy scanning the schedule of nari for today.

"yes? do you need anything else?" choi rim replied back and turned her full attention to her.

nari wasn't looking at her. and the usual lively beam on her lips wasn't there.

"could you hand me my pen and my paper?" she politely asked to the nurse still not looking at her.

choi rim creased her forehead and reluctantly says, "it's just right beside you, nari-ah."

nari began groping on her bed, searching for her things. choi rim just gaze at her, tears of pity were brimming her eyes.

"eonni, where is it?" nari asked and still gently groping her hands to search.

suddenly, she felt the warm embrace of the nurse. choi rim's quiet sobs filled her ears.

"why are you crying? uljimara, eonni."

nari tried to wipe the tears of choi rim but her finger just passed on choi rim's face.

choi rim catched her hands and tightly held it.

"nari-ah. be honest to me. can you see me?" she asked to the girl and waved her hand in front of her.

nari shook her head and began crying. "i can't see anything, eonni. i'm already blind."