Chapter 8

*Carlys POV*

"Carly," he croaked out, still in disbelief.

He slowly walked over to me, reaching his hand out to touch my face. I sank back into Daniel so he wouldn't touch me.

He pulled his hand back and pulled himself together, "How have you been?"

"Alright," i answered not caring about how hes been. I mean why should I? When someone hurts you, your not supposed to still love them or still care about them. Or so i thought.

He glanced at Mama as did I, and let me tell ya, she looked angry.

Daniel wrapped his arms around my waist and leaned down to whisper into my ear, "Is this him?"

I nodded, swallowing the lump in my throat.

Daniel's face immediately turned dark as he stood up and got in Jacks face.

"You," he said, his voice angry.

Jack took a step back, and I stood up, grabbing onto Daniels arm to try and get him to stop.

"Daniel please dont hurt him. It's okay. I'm okay. Turn around and look at me please," I whispered, pleading with him to back down.

He turned around, his face softening as he looked into my eyes.

He wrapped his arms around me bringing me close to his body. I looked over his shoulder to see Jack looking at us with a face i didnt recognize.

"He shouldnt have hurt you Car. You didn't deserve that. If you'd let me, I swear I'd hurt him."

"Daniel, no, it's fine. It's been 4 years already, I cant keep hating him for something that happened that long ago."

Daniel pulled back and looked down at me, "Carly, you cant be serious. After what hes done to you?"

I nodded pulling away from him and walked over to Jack, "how have you been?"

"Good i guess," he responded, looking down, tears still streaming down his face.

I pulled him into a hug and felt his body tense up, but then he relaxed and sunk into my arms. I heard Daniel scoff from behind me.

"Im so so sorry," he whispered into my hair, trying to compose himself.

"Hey, hey, its okay," I said, pulling back from him and wiping his tears with the pad of my thumb.

"It's been so long, I cant hate you anymore. I'm okay now. I forgive you," I said with a sad smile.

He fell into my arms again as he broke down.

Luckily, no one was in the restaurant but the workers, because this would be awkward.

"You shouldn't forgive me. What i  done was the stupidest thing i could've ever done and i regret it every single day. I just walked away and left you when you needed me the most. How can you forgive someone who does something like that? I wasn't worth your heartbreak Carly, I wasn't worth your anything and I'm still not. I'm so sorry," he cried out.

I sighed sadly, holding him tighter.

Truth is, I've been waiting for him to say those things for years now.

"It's okay, Jack. Its okay," I kept repeating, trying to get him to believe me.

When he calmed down, he pulled back and looked around, seeing Mama smiling, Zach, Corbyn, and Jonah still looking confused, and Daniel- well Daniel looked like he could kill.

He nervously looked down at me as I pulled back to introduce Daniel and Jack.

"Daniel, this is Jack. Jack, this is Daniel."

I stood beside Daniel and told him to be nice.

Jack reached out his hand to shake Daniels and at first Daniel didnt take it.

When i nudged his side, he reached out and shook Jacks hand.

"H-hi," Jack stammered, sounding really nervous.

Daniel didn't reply but jerked his hand back and wrapped his arm around my waist protectively.

"Are yall a thing," Jack asked motioning between Daniel and I.

"Oh no," I responded, feeling my cheeks heat up.

"He's just really protective," I continued, playfully rolling my eyes, "Were strictly best friends."

Jack only nodded and turned to Corbyn, Jonah, Zach, and Mama.

He started up a conversation with them as I pulled Daniel over to the side to talk to him.

"Be nice to him Daniel. He literally just broke down in my arms and told me how sorry he was. And hes pretty freaking scared of you too. Just do this, for me? You might even like him. He has a lovely voice, just like you do, except yours is my favorite," I said with a playful wink, causing Daniel to slightly chuckle.

"Alright, fine, but just cuz I love you," he said, smiling in response.

We walked back over to the table and sat back down, Daniels arms instantly snaking around my waist protectively.

"So, Jack, I hear you sing," Daniel said, a slight smirk on his face.

"Yeah, I do," Jack responded glancing at me.

"I do too. We all 5 sing then. That's so cool," Daniel said, instantly making me think of the idea of a band.

Jack just smiled in response, turning back to the others.

Daniel leaned down, "He doesn't seem to like me very much. This is no use."

"Give him time Daniel. Hell you practically killed him with your eyes at first."

Daniel laughed and kissed the crown of my head.

Maybe L.A. can be a new start.

To new starts and new friendships!