Chapter 23

The next day, I walked downstairs slowly, trying not to wake the others up.

It was only 7 A.M, which probably meant the other boys weren't up.

As I walked down the stairs slowly and turned the corner into the kitchen, I saw Jack sitting there with a bottle of whiskey beside his hand.

I immediately ran over to him and grabbed the bottle, "what the hell are you doing?"

"Give it back Carly," he seethed, teaching for the bottle.

I took the cap off and poured all the liquor down the sink.
He didn't stand up to fight or he didn't say a word. He just watched sadly.

"This is not cool Jack."

He sighed and grabbed my wrist, "since when do you care what's best for me?"

"Jack, I've cared about you ever since we met. I've loved you ever since we met. That doesn't change now and neither should your actions. You shouldn't be trying to drink away your pain because it isn't gonna work. It's just gonna cause more pain and heart ache in your life. Jack, please don't let me be the reason for your downhill spiral, okay?"

He stood up, tears rolling down his cheeks and he pulled me into a hug; a tight hug.

He didn't let go and neither did I for a very long time.

Once he did pull away, he leaned down and kissed my cheek.

"Thank you Car. I don't know what's wrong with me. I just love you so much and you don't feel the same way anymore and it's all because of my stupidity."

I caressed his cheek and looked up at him with sad eyes, "Jack I do love you, but I just can't risk getting hurt again and I love someone else in a way that is very special to me. I think you should find someone who can treat you better and love you more than I can. You deserve better than me Jack."

He rolled his eyes and stepped back a little, "There's nobody better than you."

"There is Jack and you'll find her one day and you'll be so in love, you'll forget about me completely."

"I won't ever forget about you Car. Like you said, our love doesn't go away. It's something that lasts a lifetime. You'll be the last person I think about when I take my last breath."

I smiled and pulled him into another hug, "Thank you for being you Jack."

"Thank you for being you Carly," he whispered back, holding me tighter.

A/N; Just something short for tonight💞