Enigma

Melody's P.O.V

Melody heads to the hospital after class to take her turn watching Lydia. A week has passed that she hasn't woken up. The doctor's say she's stable and haven't seen anything like this before. It's like she's stuck in her own mind, it is up to her to wake up. Melody walks into the room and spots Scott asleep on the chair. "Hey Scott.." she shakes him awake.

"You can go, I'll stay

"You can go, I'll stay." She smiles at him. He looks at her through heavy eyelids. "I'll sit a little longer. I'm still somewhat asleep." He chuckles lightly.

Melody looks over at Lydia,"Nothing has changed I see." She sighs and leans into her chair. Scott takes her hand in his, "It's going to be okay, Lydia is gonna wake up. She's strong."

"Thank you Scott. I never actually said it." Melody sincerely says.

Scott looks at her confused, not understanding why she's thanking him. "For what?"

"For always checking on me, making sure I was alright after Isaac. For telling me things will be okay every time you see my uncertainty. For always being there for me, being there for all of us." Scott smiles wide, listening to Melody's mini speech.

"You're welcome

"You're welcome." They share a smile. A slight cough draws their attention to Lydia. She slowly wakes up. Melody and Scott get up from their chairs.